Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

De-ghettorisation

So I got sick of my black wheels and always felt a bit ghetto driving around with them on so thought I'd do a little DIY while on my uni holidays and change them.

I hated the entire process of it and also hate the end result so are going to somewhere where they can do it properley, but we all love before and after pictures so here it is..

post-29-1246570052_thumb.jpg

post-29-1246570104_thumb.jpg

post-29-1246570170_thumb.jpg

post-29-1246570246_thumb.jpg

post-29-1246570313_thumb.jpg

Try WRS in Penrose (09) 5253390 ask for John about $130 a wheel. Getting mine done there soon

beadblast the suckers

They are worse it person, they look like they are made of clay and someone got a 5 year old to paint them with poster acrylic. I quite like the M5 wheels I got, Im not a huge fan on CH's on E36's myself, they look good but dont think they would suit the look I am going for on my car..

Will proberbly look into the place glenn suggested and my mate knows somewhere in Howick that will redo them for me. Cant really see the point in spending twice the amount on wheels for a car that is worth bugger all you know. Ending out costing me more becasue of my f**k up but oh well, live and learn!

They are worse it person, they look like they are made of clay and someone got a 5 year old to paint them with poster acrylic.

Hahaha! So much awesome.

Good attempt Ryan. Fully should have bogged up your curb marks!! :D

Gutted bro. Was wondering how you were going to do it when you were telling me about it in the car.. good effort tho, i certainly dont have the patience to do that sort of stuff.

So does anyone know where to get them beadblasted or stripped in a acid bath or something? and perhaps a rough cost of doing that?

Arrow Wheels.

$120 - 160 per wheel

Gulp

Try www.procoat.co.nz

Arrow wheels would only send them on to Kwik strip and charge you extra for doing so.

Arrow wheels are great, Pro coat would get my vote if there's no curbing or damage and they just need painting.

Kwik Strip Ltd

40 Patiki Road Avondale

(09) 8281462