Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

Seriously WHY!

Right needed to check a few things on the ecu so figured it's mounted in the car, i can see it, it should be hard...

WRONG!! sooo soo soo so wrong...

Firstly reached around to feel for the nuts to confirm their size (waiting for the comments) and couldn't feel anything... Felt the threads but no nuts...

then figured right i'll just remove the co-drivers foot rest to remove both of them... wrong... I'd need a massively long 200mm long size 6 (i think) allen key to do the damm thing as the cap screw holding it in is mounted on an angle under the ecu. The co-drivers foot rest had a lovely hole drilled in it to make it accessable IF YOU HAVE A 200mm LONG ALLEN KEY... which i figure everyone in the world other than me must have...

So went and raided the girlfriend crap to find a usuable mirror... and found these stupid little security screws... i mean hell why both stealing the car... lets just steal the ecu thats the expensive part. =;-(

so 2 hours of screwing around with vice grips, lights, dinner, swearing, trying to contort over the rollcage, reach through the rollcage...

i finally removed 3 of the basterds only to find the 4th had a damaged thread and wouldn't undo by hand... now this would be the hardest one to get to also!

managed to completely remove the foot rest to which i used some needle nose vice grips to carefully remove one of the attached basterds...

WTF!!!!

post-3969-1247642115_thumb.jpg

My Ecu was held in with cable ties. Easy removal.

i was expecting 4 8mm nuts like my 306 s16 ecu... but noooooooooo..... evil basterds...

cough those aren't french! the french would have used trox screws or 4 8mm nuts like on everyone other one of their ecu!

I should put you in touch with my friend. He has a 205 with race prepped motor, big webers, cam etc. Parked up in the garage because it keeps eating diffs.

is that Peter Whyte?

I would love to have a look at it, if he doesn't mind...

No, but I think I've heard that name. Lives in Mt Eden/Balmoral. Hasn't driven it for ages, wants an LSD=$$$! Loves his Pugs.

Nice..

If you want to pm me his details that would be fantastic...

Palmside would be the cheapest option or hooking into an aussiefrogs.com group buy for a quaife lsd

I'll check with him and get back to you, sure he'd be keen too.