Sign in to follow this  
Carl

M20 Motronic 1.3 ECU's

I need some help!

Can't start my car and it's looking like it could be the ECU that's the problem, so I need to test this by sticking my ECU into another 320 and checking whether or not it'll start.

It is preferrable to do it this way rather than taking another ECU and trying it in mine, I need to rule out that whether or not my ECU actually works.

If you can help please PM me

Cheers

Carl

Edited by pando

My mate should be around today, he lives around the corner from me in Tawa. Will get hold of him this morning

PM me if you like, I can drive around any evening and play swapsies.

Anyone? Will take all of 10 mins of your time.

Have a spare 320 FL computer if you do want to try it, have a complete 320 motoe so you could swap other bits and pieces also if you need to

PM me

Thanks to skidz I can now confirm the ECU is working and can confirm that motronic 320/325 ECU's are interchangeable :)

Edited by pando

Thanks to skidz I can now confirm the ECU is working and can confirm that motronic 320/325 ECU's are interchangeable :)

but fuel for completely different capacities!

but fuel for completely different capacities!

I said they were interchangeable, didn't say it was optimal!!!

Well it was the crank angle sensor that was the problem, my one is dead, which made sense from what I diagnosed to begin with. It was cranking but not firing and the fuel pump was working from the sound of it.

Now, it was the 3rd thing that I tried when attempting to solve the puzzle, the first thing I tried was the relays (although I replaced the orange fuel relay not the master white one), then I tried other ECU's, and then I tried a different CAS from Ray - turned out that the CAS I got from Ray was damaged and didn't work properly even though I asked for a working one, could've been resolved right there but after that I tried a new coil and when that didn't work I gave up and took it to Jeff Gray's.

What's annoying, but unfortunate, is that Jeff Gray tried their own CAS that didn't work becuase their one was dead. They insisted it was the ECU even though I had three of them and insisted it wasn't the ECU but after testing one in Stephen's 325 and informing them it the ECU wasn't the problem they tried a new CAS and wham it worked.

So I guess it pays to ensure your bits work, really helps to have a working version of something to test against, wonder if I should ditch the 328 and get another e30 :)

Edited by pando

wonder if I should ditch the 328 and get another e30 :)

you can never have enough e30's :)

Would've ditched the e36 ages ago but the girl likes it, good thing I didn't tho as the e30 has been out of action a while...