Sign in to follow this  
User Name

M88/3 Cylinder head

Hi Guys

I was just wundering if anyone would know if a m88/3 cylinder head would fit onto a M30 bassed engine as i belive the block was a m30,

would there be much performance gains from the extra valves, being on a m30 engine i know some mods would proberly be needed,

but in terms of turbo setup's etc for high end drag/track performance would the upgrade be viable

Cheers

AFAIK it won't fit. Same basic block but different galleries I believe.

has been done but there mods needed , oil drain from the head etc etc . lots of machining .

talk to BM weapon on what he has odne to a m30 turbo

guy on the www.mye28.com forum has done one with a turbo set up .

Thanks Guys

Brent your right found info on mye28.com

"The head itself bolts right on, bolt hole patterns are the same, coolant passages line up. The primary problem is oil return from the cambox. The M88/S38 block has provisions on the side of the block for this while the M30 block does not. However this isn't a deal killer and one could easily tap the oil pan like the turbo guys do for oil return from the cambox. The front end of the engine isn't that bad either, but modification of the block will need to be done to support the idler pulley for the timing chain. There will probably be additional machine work needed in this area as well. Obviously it would be much simpler and less expensive to acquire an S38b35 than to modify a M30 block for the S38 top end. "

So it can be done and reakon it would be a mintter if it was setup, cause whats cost of a S38B35 and mods required to put into a e28,

Would anyone in here have the cylinder head for sale depentant on price or can someone take a pic of the bottom side to see how modding would need to be done

Chers

kym

An M88/S38 cylinder head will cost at least 80% (or even the same) as a whole M88/S38 engine.

you can have mine for about $20k

comes with the car

post-279-1248406461_thumb.jpg

post-279-1248406628_thumb.jpg

post-279-1248406680_thumb.jpg

post-279-1248406736_thumb.jpg

Thats a Mint looking car and if i had the funds i would prob complete the turbo conversion on the m30,

cause that car is to high class for me ill stick to $600-1500 cars so if i crash it doesnt really matter - you car is a piece of art and not for hands of a young gun

Cheers