Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

tyres for 540i

Hey guys.

I'm after some decent tyres for my 540i, just wanting to know what you guys recommend and what the correct tyres sizes are that are required for my rims.

This thread is primarily aimed at Johno (zenetti), but others input is also appreciated!

Front - 17x8.5

Rear - 17x9.5

Currently I have:

Front - 235/40/17

Rear - 255/35/17

I've had a look at Johno's specials, and some of them look good price wise. Max budget is probably around $800-900 for all 4 corners.

edit - should've mentioned I intend to have a little fun on the track in the coming months and would like them to perform pretty well.

Cheers,

Ian.

Edited by Creaver

Hmmm Ian,

Get some Duran Sport-ones.

I had them on my BBS'

Best worst tires you can get, no wet grip, hard ride you name it :P

Haha.

Anyway, being serious, what about some Bridgestone Adrenaline RE001's? I was looking at them for my car. But I would make sure to get proper Japanese made ones.

235/45-17

245/45-17

255/40-17 are the "correct" sizes

IMHO you will be pushing to get 4 decent tyres for that....should be close though

have eagle F1 on our e34 , seam pretty good .

Everyone has beaten me to the punch. As already mention 235/45/17 and 255/40/17 are the correct sizes. Will price up some options and get back to you!

Hey guys.

I'm after some decent tyres for my 540i, just wanting to know what you guys recommend and what the correct tyres sizes are that are required for my rims.

This thread is primarily aimed at Johno (zenetti), but others input is also appreciated!

Front - 17x8.5

Rear - 17x9.5

Currently I have:

Front - 235/40/17

Rear - 255/35/17

I've had a look at Johno's specials, and some of them look good price wise. Max budget is probably around $800-900 for all 4 corners.

edit - should've mentioned I intend to have a little fun on the track in the coming months and would like them to perform pretty well.

Cheers,

Ian.

My 2p

I am thinking tyres that 'perform pretty well' on the track are generally (yes yes, very general and eternally argumentative) tyres that perform exceptionally on the road.

Thats hard enough, but not impossible and I am sure Jono will give you some tasty options.

However at that price point, the task seems pretty daunting.

You could have more fun on the track if they 'performed' less well, if you get my drift (excuse the pun).

I like the look of those Kumho xs's or the Yoko ad08's, but if you could procure them, that budget is history. I am guessing more funds will have to come with other 'track' related costs anyway and you might as well start with tyres. :unsure:

I have discovered what appears to be a slightly out of round/bent rim. So the tyres will have to wait.

Thanks for everyones input.

Machine Part Weilding in Penrose is great for out of shape and damaged wheels. So much cheaper than the other places like Arrow or Manakau Auto Tyres.

I have discovered what appears to be a slightly out of round/bent rim. So the tyres will have to wait.

Thanks for everyones input.

didnt you have a shimmy problem....you may have just found the cause.....

Thanks driftit - will try them.

kiwi535 - yeah, that's how I figured out the possible bent rim, from the shimmy.

I have seen him weild parts but only when he has been wound up by a dickhead customer generally he just welds them. This guy is a legend, thought he would have retired by now

Haha whoops. Will leave it there or your post won't make sense.