Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

New car on the way!

And guess what colour it is!!!

Will post pics as soon as I get a chance, but it's a 2005 BMW M5 V10 383kw in black with black leather, sunroof, i-drive, sat navigation, NZ New - yadda yadda. This was my uncles car but he's been largely unsuccessful in selling it over the past few months. He's shifted house in the mean time while his new house is being built to a renter and there's no garage, so it pains him to leave it sitting outside. The agreed sum is 70k which I think is bloody superb. It comes with 18 months of full protector warranty too, it's already had 6k spent on replacement computers at Cooke Howlison BMW. To be fair, driving it the other day, it didn't feel like it had 383kw The power delivery was so smooth. Press the M Button and all hell breaks loose. I love it how it rev's in between gears, the engine noise sounds like an angry dog. You really don't realise how fast you are going until you look at the speedo.

Will post pics asap.

Audi beast long gone. I may have to sell the Mazda ute yet and, my kids and my arms & legs to pay for this car, but hey. You only live twice. Once a years alright?

Good on ya mate.

I was lucky enough to get a ride in one of these beasts at one of the track days (thanks Ron!) and it was just something else...

Enjoy it!

Awesome you will love it!! Get the pipes and mid pipes done to really open it up, makes them sound amazing!

Do it. This could be the car you keep if you can keep the angel on your right shoulder quiet.

The E60 in general is awesome, like being in an upmarket lounge room. Love them.

MmmmmMmmMMmmmmmmMMMmMMM

Will swap you an E39 540, E30 #42 Race Series Car, E38 and two E36's. :rolleyes: Oh and another E30.

Edited by driftit

Do it. This could be the car you keep if you can keep the angel on your right shoulder quiet.

The E60 in general is awesome, like being in an upmarket lounge room. Love them.

Hmmm, but my lounge doesn't do 328kph haha!

But seriously, 250kph is like trying to get a normal car to do 100kph, the speed is just amazing! The heads up display rocks too. It's not jut a gimmick, it actually helps you keep your eyes on the road.

Congrates!!! That's a steal for that car. Fuel consumption isn't too flash though when you are driving in 500hp mode.

Just make sure that you've set up the iDrive properly for the "M" mode - you might not have engaged the 500hp mode!!

Edited by M3_Power

I was embarassing myself over an almost identical one when at was at Jeff Grays last week.

Super cooooool.

QUESTION: Why does the lights flicker on high end euro supercars? Veyron's do it, McLaren SLR's do it, M5 does it, Audi RS6 I've seen does it? Anyone know what it is for?

Yea heard they are alright good stuff.

Thats a good price for an 05 M5, I think your e-penis increased another 10% ;)

QUESTION: Why does the lights flicker on high end euro supercars? Veyron's do it, McLaren SLR's do it, M5 does it, Audi RS6 I've seen does it? Anyone know what it is for?

Its not so much the lights but the frame rate of the Cameras taking the footage. The capture of most of these vids is at 25 fps. The LED lights on these cars will cycle at a a similarly divisible frame rate causing the weird flickering on video.

Congrates !!! Great price as that would be the cheapest I am aware of was $92k in Akl. They are a superb car but would recommend not using as a daily drive. There is sooooooo much to learn about them so suggest you spend some hours/weeks on http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e6...ing-discussion/

Other advise is to have a spare set of tires in the garage as there was a 2 week delay for that size in NZ when I needed one. You MUST come up to Chc when the next track day is on with Paul and have some fun in M mode on Ruapuna.

This is the only car I have driven that you smile when you get out of it and get homesick to get back into it. It will be your last car for a while as there is not much better until the F10 comes out ...

This is the only car I have driven that you smile when you get out of it and get homesick to get back into it.

I get that with the 205...

Interesting about the cameras for sure. But whenever I've seen it, it only seems to be on real high end stuff that I've seen it with!