Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Just picked up some M3 mirrors

I managed to pick up some "Genuine" M3 mirrors for an absolute steal. Just been to collect them.

Got home interested in their authenticity, put the part numbers into realoem and nothing.

Its really weird. I have no doubt they're genuine, made of plastic, manufactured in '97, have factory stickers on them with part numbers and Colour codes and names, have bmw symbol in the actual mould, etc, etc.

Posted Image

I read another forum over in America where another guy found the same thing but no answers to his question.

Any idea's?

Cheers

Is it any of these part numbers on your mirror?

post-450-1248866644_thumb.jpg

Nick, are the part numbers on the rubber cover where the mirror mounts to the car? There's also a BMW logo there? I had similar mirrors on my car that I got from Brent, he told me they weren't genuine and I too couldn't find matching part numbers on realoem.com.

I wasn't overly concerned though as they had the plug n play connectors and fit perfectly.

You can't always rely on realoem.

Some parts aren't listed, some apply to other variations etc.

I think you need to sell them to me for what you paid for them! They clearly arnt genuine :D

Nick, are the part numbers on the rubber cover where the mirror mounts to the car? There's also a BMW logo there? I had similar mirrors on my car that I got from Brent, he told me they weren't genuine and I too couldn't find matching part numbers on realoem.com.

I wasn't overly concerned though as they had the plug n play connectors and fit perfectly.

No, they're actually on the mirror housing. They have connectors etc. All looks factory. Didn't come with the rubbers, just used my old ones.

You can't always rely on realoem.

Some parts aren't listed, some apply to other variations etc.

Yea. In the past theres also been a couple things that don't come up.

I think you need to sell them to me for what you paid for them! They clearly arnt genuine :D

Haha. Not letting them go yet! I'll post up a picture of them on the car. Haven't been painted yet but had to test fit them!