Sign in to follow this  
Livi

Are Police taking advantage of the law?

You realise that putting 18's on your car won't affect the height? If you currently have the correct size wheels and tyre, and you put the correct size tyres on the 18's the height won't change. You're not allowed to change to overall size by more than 5% from factory so it won't matter a damn. That's why you'll run low-profiles- so the overall size is the same.

The noise law has already been passed and I posted at least one thread about it when t came into force. If they do a subjective test and "think" it's too loud they can order you to go and have an objective test at VTNZ at your cost (not cheap - think a few hundred) and find out.

And they can make you re-do it every time they suspect you may have changed your exhaust. It's fairly draconian, but that's life.

Do you get reimbursed (sp) if the car turns out to be under 95 db?

Do you get reimbursed (sp) if the car turns out to be under 95 db?

who will re imburse you?.

how do you know the exhaust is standard,somone may have changed it before you got the car

how do you know the exhaust is standard,somone may have changed it before you got the car

I may be a girl but i do know a standard exhaust from a modified one. Ive had the car up on the hoist and its definetly standard.

thanks for that graham , didnt know there was a thread about it! sorry!

The height im not fussed about , my only issue was the exhaust , which is looking a bit clearer , sucks that you have to pay for it to get checked , and then not get money back when its under but meh what can ya do! money money money! <_<

anyways ill sort it , may have to trailor the evo everywhere now though :P

I've heard your 320 Livi. I actually remember asking whether or not it was standard. It has a really nice tone IMO. Wouldn't say it was loud though.

I've heard your 320 Livi. I actually remember asking whether or not it was standard. It has a really nice tone IMO. Wouldn't say it was loud though.

Thanks Nick!

Yea its got a real grunty deep sound to it , but nothing that would be over the limit IMO .

maaaaaaaaaan alota ppl on here must not b able to read ae because from what i read u understand ur car is too l0w so why duu people on here need to say stuff like its too low deal with it wen youi already know that lol n 18s will change the height of ur car it'll b fine once its got 18s so dw about that and also if people read properly you realli just trying to find out about this new legislation not worried about your fine n lowness of your car n whatnot lmao

people on here can be very critical and at times assholes in my opinion but oh well lol its allgood cops are homos :):) i live in whangaparaoa only a couple of good ones but as peopl say depends who you get i guess the young cops on the coast think they the shiit n can du anything they want cause they cops blah blah oh well ahha

it woulda been funny if u acually did say u should hear my evo lol and then give him ur gate as you take off lol :L evo ftmfw :)

Guest Ari Gold

maaaaaaaaaan alota ppl on here must not b able to read ae because from what i read u understand ur car is too l0w so why duu people on here need to say stuff like its too low deal with it wen youi already know that lol n 18s will change the height of ur car it'll b fine once its got 18s so dw about that and also if people read properly you realli just trying to find out about this new legislation not worried about your fine n lowness of your car n whatnot lmao

people on here can be very critical and at times assholes in my opinion but oh well lol its allgood cops are homos :):) i live in whangaparaoa only a couple of good ones but as peopl say depends who you get i guess the young cops on the coast think they the shiit n can du anything they want cause they cops blah blah oh well ahha

it woulda been funny if u acually did say u should hear my evo lol and then give him ur gate as you take off lol :L evo ftmfw :)

I might have to commit suicide after reading this train wreck of a post

maaaaaaaaaan alota ppl on here must not b able to read ae

Maybe if you weren't a tool and knew how to spell, it would make things a lot easier for all the other alota ppl maaaaaaan.

haha...

Yeah ive heard it aswel. doesnt sound loud enough to need a cert of anykind. (unless a new hole has appeared)

pretty sure my wagons standard system is louder.

Its a bit strange how the cop picked and chose randomly what offenses he would let you off and which ones he wouldn't tho. Ild prob get a workshop, or pit stop to have a look at your exhaust , and get them to write a letter to say that the exhaust is infact standard and write in to wellington police station and contest the fine.

You might be able to get off, just like you can with the new "damaged tyre" parking warden fines.

haha...

Yeah ive heard it aswel. doesnt sound loud enough to need a cert of anykind. (unless a new hole has appeared)

pretty sure my wagons standard system is louder.

Its a bit strange how the cop picked and chose randomly what offenses he would let you off and which ones he wouldn't tho. Ild prob get a workshop, or pit stop to have a look at your exhaust , and get them to write a letter to say that the exhaust is infact standard and write in to wellington police station and contest the fine.

You might be able to get off, just like you can with the new "damaged tyre" parking warden fines.

Yea i was thinking it was random as he didnt fine me or sticker me for all the things he listed when he cold of easily done so? yea if i get a fine ill just do that take it to a testing station then write in :D

What damaged tyre parking warden fines?

Maybe if you weren't a tool and knew how to spell, it would make things a lot easier for all the other alota ppl maaaaaaan.

:lol: hahahaha

Good call.

oh theres a new thing where parking wardens can fine you for a damaged tyre but if you get a written letter saying its safe from a tyre store there ment to wipe the ticket.

Garry

Piss off you illiterate moron.

Cheers

Grant

For F#^K sake! Learn how to use full stops & drop the text language. Either that or go back to school.

Garry

Cheers

Grant

Post of the year? I think so, love how you say Cheers, etc hahahaha. Brilliance.

My head hurts after reading that.

My stock standard 89 corona has a factory exhaust. It's loud as sh*t though. Pretty sure there's an exhaust leak. Still passes warrants though

Oh, BTW garry, have a 20% warning for good measure. Smarten up.

Garry

Cheers

Grant

Ha! That is awesome.

From what I understand, the only thing you were ticketed on was for driving after hours on a restricted license?

Get your full :)

As for the rest of it. The cop doesn't know your car like you do. It IS their job to notice something that is potentially illegal, and then its your job to prove its not.

Get a cert :) speaking of which.. I need one too. Its the easiest way to keep them off your tail once you're pulled over. Only thing I cant have certed is my plate :'(

bit off track but how much is a cert ? for like lowering (compressed) and exhaust ?

about $400 plus?? depends on what "modification" your getting it for

sorry also OT

at what point do you need to get a cert for the exhaust though? just the tip, or is is when you start moding the mufler, etc?

Edited by Wervie67