Sign in to follow this  
Cadelac

WTB: BMW 330D in MANUAL

Hi Guys,

Have been searching for quite some time for a decent 330D with a manual gearbox.

Have seen a few manual 320Ds go by but for some reason a 6-cyl, 3.0 is just that much more appealing! (Possibly a 5-series in manual may do the job??)

Recently sold my manual Subaru for an automatic Toyota Hilux (3.0TD 4x4) and seriously missing the control and enjoyment of the manual gearbox, hence my hell-mission to find the 330D in manual.

Have been looking for something between the 2000-2005 age range (mainly due to price) but anything is really possible. Any suggestions are welcome.

If anyone knows of a manual 330D going on the market, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks,

James

My initial reaction would be did they even sell them in that spec here? If they did, they must be as scarce as rocking horse sh*t....

I fully understand why you would want one (oodles of grunt, all the creature comforts, easy on the gas pump), but have never seen one in NZ. Good luck in the search - and don't forget to post photos when you find one ;) .

Just get all the dopey plastic/metal screw swirl flaps removed before they fall apart in the inlet tract & grenade your engine/turbo.

Any semi modern BMW in manual is rare.

Have you looked into bringing one in from the UK where they are plentiful? I have looked at this option a few times and if you get the car for a decent price and get a good freight deal It could work out about the same price as purchasing the car locally.

Hi Guys,

Have been searching for quite some time for a decent 330D with a manual gearbox.

Have seen a few manual 320Ds go by but for some reason a 6-cyl, 3.0 is just that much more appealing! (Possibly a 5-series in manual may do the job??)

Recently sold my manual Subaru for an automatic Toyota Hilux (3.0TD 4x4) and seriously missing the control and enjoyment of the manual gearbox, hence my hell-mission to find the 330D in manual.

Have been looking for something between the 2000-2005 age range (mainly due to price) but anything is really possible. Any suggestions are welcome.

If anyone knows of a manual 330D going on the market, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Thanks,

James

Hi,

I had a drive in a 330CD about a month ago, 2004 facelift 6speed manual clubsport. special order to nz.

very very very cool car and bloody quick for a diesel! - rocking horse sh*t is an understatement.

about $40k-ish

it would kick my 328ci

I would have bought it right then, if i hadn't just bought a house and had no spare cash - damit

not sure if its still on the market, but call Jonathon at geoff-gray bmw in Hastings...

or ask for more details

Thats an impressive piece of kit, but 38 large !

Youve got to be kidding me.

agree :unsure: could get a m5 for that

wood plus tan doesnt do much for me,like the colour of the paint tho...

Thanks for the replies!

Have been looking into importing out of the UK but spoke to an importer down in Cambridge who seemed to think I'd be better off with a special order on a new one as it'd cost so much to get it here!

The 530D on TradeMe has been there for quite a while - I seriously considered it until I realised 38k is a little high for a 2001 with almost 100,000 on the clock.. For an extra 10k I'd be in the 2006/7 range!

Another option that has been considered (and interested on hearing your thoughts) is the classic manual conversion. Have been doing a bit of reading and everything seems to draw to it being a bad idea... But even if it ended up costing 5k, it'd still be a cheaper option?

As far as I'm aware, they definitely sold the 3-series diesel in manual standard here in NZ (but all NZ-New, nothing ever made it to Japan). The 5-series however, was a special order and therefore a bit rarer.

Cheers,

James

Thanks for the replies!

Have been looking into importing out of the UK but spoke to an importer down in Cambridge who seemed to think I'd be better off with a special order on a new one as it'd cost so much to get it here!

The 530D on TradeMe has been there for quite a while - I seriously considered it until I realised 38k is a little high for a 2001 with almost 100,000 on the clock.. For an extra 10k I'd be in the 2006/7 range!

Another option that has been considered (and interested on hearing your thoughts) is the classic manual conversion. Have been doing a bit of reading and everything seems to draw to it being a bad idea... But even if it ended up costing 5k, it'd still be a cheaper option?

As far as I'm aware, they definitely sold the 3-series diesel in manual standard here in NZ (but all NZ-New, nothing ever made it to Japan). The 5-series however, was a special order and therefore a bit rarer.

Cheers,

James

the 530d manul hasnt been there that long,and besides being a deisel its the ONLY 530 i have seen in manual

38 is too high IMHO but its up to him......

Edited by kiwi535

Trade me at the moment

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/CategoryAt...earchRegion=100

if it's any help, have seen several 320D around Palmy but no larger cc one's. The diesels have always been a little more expensive don't know why.The maintenance could be a little higher also more oil changes etc correct me if wrong.

As for the manual conversion are you talking about a e39 conversion or something else?. If an e39 that would be an interested project and a mission not impossible but very very expensive. The mechanical side shouldn't present to many challenges if you could source the necessary components.The electronics could be a real can of worms the later the car is the more complex they become and hence more difficult to do these conversions on. When reading the thread on Glenns engine transplant into the 318 he touched on this I believe. But turn over enough stone's and heaven knows what you are likely to find these days happy hunting.

Cheers Allan