Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Stay away from Te Rapa rd tonight.

Hope no BS members are plannin' on joinin' in on this so called "protest" on Te Rapa rd tonight. Will be watchin' the news as i don't think this will end well.

Not to keen on be apart of it,

But keen to watch from a distance in my parents Toyota Previa :)

Wont be in Hams until 10am tomorrow morning, damn.

Whats wrong with it? Anyone can protest anything. Its fellas that draw the assumption that EVERY boy racer is evil that cripples the car enthusiast scene.

If its a peaceful protest, fine.

Its front of the Waikato Times.

Had a good read.

Makes it out that there bad news

Biased opinion

Agreed pjay, however this WILL attract the cocks.

Agreed all the d*ck heads that ruin it will be out tonight being "cool"

And I 100% agree with you too, but that's a positive as I see it. With Police presence, the cocks can be arrested and singled out. Because they really love to draw the negative attention to themselves

I'm just hoping that a full scale riot doesn't break out because people get too easily caught up in the moment

Hopefull nothing extreme happens but i have the bad feeling that its going to get out of hand. Alcohol, cars and the law do not mix

Hopefull nothing extreme happens but i have the bad feeling that its going to get out of hand. Alcohol, cars and the law do not mix

Hey Brook,tell me your rims are photoshopped

Else I'm going to come & steal them!!

Ill let you be the judge of that :)

Either i have ridiculously nice new wheels,

Or my photoshop skills are so superior that you believe that i do.

:P

You northies best not make us car people look bad :P

I actually don't think it will accomplish anything but a chance for a social gathering, Burger King at the end of Te Rapa Strait will make a large profit, along with Wash World, and the petrol stations.

Oh and it'll be a waste of time for the Police.

Yep. Was a good turn out. Nothing stupid or bad happened. 47 odd warnings for breach of liquor ban (no doubt the outa towners - there is NO signs?) 1 DIC but they passed once they got to the station and 2 arrest (suspected to be 2 chicks that had a scrap). So for 600+ cars & 1500+ people - cant complain!?

Yep. Was a good turn out. Nothing stupid or bad happened. 47 odd warnings for breach of liquor ban (no doubt the outa towners - there is NO signs?) 1 DIC but they passed once they got to the station and 2 arrest (suspected to be 2 chicks that had a scrap). So for 600+ cars & 1500+ people - cant complain!?

Yupp. What did it acomplish?

As far as I can see, the politicians don't give a f.

Well considering lets say just a random guess, 30% of this country is young people who love driving their cars...the PMs are gonna have to listen! If the laws do come in, just imagine the REAL protests that are going to happen - outside Parliament. The new Laws, I know for a fact, for just make matters worst - not neccesarily towards the driving side, but what else are people going to do if they cant go out "rolling"? Dont say "sleep" cos how many 16-25 year olds do you know, on a Friday night, will just go to bed after 10pm?

Yupp. What did it acomplish?

As far as I can see, the politicians don't give a f.

Glass half empty ay?

Seems like they didn't exactly accomplish much.

Well considering lets say just a random guess, 30% of this country is young people who love driving their cars...the PMs are gonna have to listen! If the laws do come in, just imagine the REAL protests that are going to happen - outside Parliament. The new Laws, I know for a fact, for just make matters worst - not neccesarily towards the driving side, but what else are people going to do if they cant go out "rolling"? Dont say "sleep" cos how many 16-25 year olds do you know, on a Friday night, will just go to bed after 10pm?

You have no idea.

Ffs. You obviously haven't looked into the new law that is proposed. It clearly says "people who have three street racing related offences within four years could see their cars crushed."

You quoted before that once this new law is in place, people won't be able to go "rolling" anymore. There is a large difference between "rolling" and racing.

I think you should research your supportive arguements for your main claim, otherwise you'll just end up looking like a down right tool, like...right now.

As an 18 year old female, I have a tonne of more respect for males who race legally eg. at racetracks, which doesn't cost too much, compared to a hefty fine.

Guys who "race" regularily to gain respect on the streets are in my opinion complete losers, who don't give a flying f about others on the road.

P.s I know plenty of 16 to 25 year olds who have no absolute interest in the "drags" and street racing. And they don't sleep friday nights. Some work. Some gather for drinks or BBQ's. Some go clubbing.

Please open your eyes and wake the f up. Cos I'm not the only member on this forum who is getting slightly frustrated by you.

Edited by MS BM

I still wonder why will the penalty for doing a small burnout in a deserted industrial area, or accidentally wheelspinning out of a driveway, harsher than those for drunk drivers?

Edit. Heres the bill: http://www.legislation.co.nz/bill/governme...DLM2095511.html

And once again, and excellent point: http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/blogs/dr...l-lousy-drivers

Edited by Pjay

My views from back in May on a different site, they haven't changed.

If Muhammad Mandeep in his courier van speeds everywhere everyday tailgating and cutting off traffic, parking on yellows and footpaths, does he lose his van? If fatty Mc fat fat in his V8 commodore races every ford he sees off at the lights, does he lose his commy? And if little miss Pink in her Rav 4 pulls out of her driveway and accelerates to 20km/h and only does 80 in the fast lane of the motorway, will she lose her champagne colored Rav 4?

Or will stereotypes like this be ignored by police because they aren't "boy racers??"

Crush the cars of all lousy drivers

No Muhammed is not boyracing, he is jsut being an arse so boyracer law doesn't apply, existing driving laws kick in...

fatty Mcfat would be deemed racing so yes boyracing law will apply (If you think the Police do not target falcodore XR/SS & drivers then you need to open your eyes, I know a old guy who gets targeted ahead of boyracers cos he drives a tinted out SUV on 19's :crazy: )

lil Miss Pink also is not breaking any boyracer law so why should it apply? the usual laws and road rules will be suffice to apprehend her...

The main reason these guys will not get targeted as much as the boyracer fraternity that the cops want to dissolve is they do not do stupid sh*t in cars in the middle of the night. Yes the boyracer act is subject to abuse but its primary function is to rid the country of a out of control problem.

Lets look at what the single biggest catalyst has been to pushing this bill through, oh yeah a bunch of street racers picking on a cop in Chch. Cause and effect, bugger, there will always be casulties at war -_-

if you drive like the majority within the law and social expectations you will not have a problem and will remain unaffected by this new law, look at scooby, he gets pulled over all the time but survives why? because he was not doing anything wrong in the first place it is purely based on the look of his car.

Bring on the crusher!!!

Thats a crock of sh*t Hell.

1st point. The current Road rules are not enough obviously if it occurs on a daily basis, as much if not MORE than seeing a boy racer. How ofter do you get annoyed at a sh*t driver on the road? How often is that a boy racer?

2nd point. Out of control problem? Since when?? There are many ways to control this problem, and I'm pretty sure it IS under control. How many boy racer related road incidents do you hear about? VS every other motorist on the road?

3rd point. Bunch of street racers in Chch. Come on, they were thugs. That was a once off incident in ONE city of Nz. How many other incidents have there been? How bad is it in the rest of NZ?

Ive noticed recently Auckland has actually calmed down a lot and people are becoming more sensible. Not to say there aren't a lot of dicks still on the road, but the majority aren't as bad any more. Its probably because the current generation is getting older and more mature, and the new generation of emos and "scene kids" just aren't really that into cars. They're more interested in their hair colour and sh*t music.

And, no I'm not defending boy racers. Im just sick to death of everyone crying on at them like they cause all the havoc and deaths on the Road.

Look at the Road Toll death stats for NZ. Funny that, Its not just boy racers, who are dubbed as young kids doing skids and making noise, killing people on the roads.

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/research/toll.html

I don't know about you Wadey, but I think preventing a death is a bit more important than getting rid of a loud exhaust.

The government just keep making more and more laws for everything. And it doesn't solve anything.

We need prevention, not Retaliation

Edited by Pjay

MS BM:

Please note the following has been a direct response from:

Office of Hon Steven Joyce

Minister of Transport

Minister for Communications and Information Technology

Associate Minister of Finance

Associate Minister for Infrastructure

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Heath

Thank you for your email of 18 June 2009 to Hon Dr Coleman, in which you

raise concerns about some of the provisions of the new illegal street racing

legislation, more formally known as the Land Transport (Enforcement Powers)

Amendment Bill. Your email has been forwarded to me for a reply as the

matter you raise falls within my portfolio.

The definition of 'cruising' given in the Bill is:

"driving repeatedly over the same section of a road in a motor vehicle in a manner that-

(a) draws attention to the power or sound of the engine of the motor vehicle being driven; or

(B) creates a convoy that-

(i) is formed otherwise than in trade; and

(ii) impedes traffic flow."

The 'anti-cruising' bylaws are aimed at reducing the noise, intimidation and disruption caused by illegal street racers who repeatedly use the same streets. Often this happens late at night or in the early hours of the morning, creating a disturbance for residents and businesses in the area.

Road controlling authorities will have the power to specify which streets will be covered by a bylaw, as well as the times of the day that the bylaw will apply.

These bylaws are not intended to penalise genuine car enthusiasts taking part in legitimate activities. This matter will be scrutinised by Select Committee to ensure that there are no unintended negative consequences for legitimate motorists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Shady was referring to the anti-cruising portion of the law not the car crushing part. I have a been activity asking questions to my MP and also other in areas to which they are responsible. There is room for abuse of powers by the police - for which if interpertated in certain ways could see the prevention of car club meets and drive days. Given that meets/park ups are potentially covered under a couple of laws its no real difference.

Pjay - There are more than enough "Laws" to cover the stupid behaviour of people, it's more the enforcement of those current laws that needs to happen.

I'd recommend you have a look at: http://fastandsafe.org/

It's not 18, it's not so much the cars, it's the people, and the NZ Driver training system.

IT's too damm easy to get your licence... YOU SHOULD NOT BE TAUGHT BY YOUR FOLKS!

You should need to attended driver training, skid pan, and car control classes...

IT SHOULD BE MANDATORY IN SCHOOL!!!

I know so many people that should not be driving due to being inept at it, but yet have passed the NZ "get you licence in a cereal box" Driver Licencing System. Hell there was even an interpreter doing the exams for Islanders, he was providing the answers to the oral questions correctly when the person sitting the exam was saying the wrong answer...