Sign in to follow this  
pjay

EVO mag UK - Top 100 Drivers Cars

[soapbox]

no 135i ? ... in every review i've seen with the 135i vs evo / subaru / etc, the 135i was classed as the better driving experience.

[/soapbox]

:P

Ive owned 4WD , FWD , RWD and driven plenty of MR cars.

Some FWD's are just as fun if not more than RWD. Nothing faster than a well sorted FWD around the Port Hills.

4WD's are great and all but something doesnt feel right

And most RWD are no fun at all.

Configuration doesn’t determine fun factor or the way a car drives.

I never said FWD handle badly. You brought that up. lol. I just get no pleasure from driving them. Its all about what you find fun. Clarkson didn't invent burnouts and sideways driving. I was enjoying that long before I had ever heard of him. I would say a few others would have too.

For me it is about controlling the car all the time no matter what it decides to do. None of this point and shoot crap.

I never said FWD handle badly. You brought that up. lol. I just get no pleasure from driving them. Its all about what you find fun. Clarkson didn't invent burnouts and sideways driving. I was enjoying that long before I had ever heard of him. I would say a few others would have too.

For me it is about controlling the car all the time no matter what it decides to do. None of this point and shoot crap.

I think the thing about fun FWD's is that you're still controlling the amount of pointing and shooting.

I think the point of a 4WD means the input is always a doctored maximum - your attempts at controlling the point or shoot is not really that important. It sorts itself out.

I would still take an NA8 MX5 over a fun FWD I think..preferably one with a MSNZ rollhoop :lol: Unlike the S2000 (and maybe other more modern convertibles), the windshield alone can't support the entire weight of the car should anything go wrong.

MX5's are choice, I would rock one of the 1.8 BRG models with Gold BBS RS's and a chrome roll bar. I might have to start sporting those skinny scalves and girl jeans though to pull it off.

The people that compiled the list have driven the cars and driven them bloody hard, im sure some of us have maybe, and just maybe driven one or two to what we think is the limit, but is probably six tenths of what EVO have.

But we are all driving experts aren’t we, cant see how any of us can comment on the list, drive them all and then coment, maybe you'll learn something.

I’d be happy to say I have owned any of the cars on that list and driven them to their full potential, even if they were FWD

Edited by Apex