Sign in to follow this  
smiddy

E46/ M52 TU Dyno Run

Hi guys, had car at Gavins yesterday for run and a tickle up. Car throwing up cam sensor fault, [ any thoughts Glenn]? Spent hour or so playing with new software so did not push limits with fault.

Nice gains in low to mid range, exhaust post cat modd has helped lots here. Just need to squeeze more from top end! Question: The middle blue run was after header fitting, did run both strapped and unstrapped, gained about 1KW without straps. Yesterday gained about 12KW without straps, any thoughts? Car feels great to drive.

Red line stock

Blue, Headers

Green, Exhaust Modd 3 deg advance.

post-2455-1251407832.jpg

awesome! :)

i _need_ to suss out my sensor issue so I can continue with this. At least you get error codes... mine aren't throwing up any :|

If its a sensor replace it. There are two...inlet & exhaust. It wont give you the proper gains without both sensors working properly

Holy huge image batman!

Results are great! I like the elimination of that dip

Sorry for image size guys, not sure what happend there. You won't need glasses.

The bottom end to mid (around 4700rpm) is really good, the 12kw gain UNSTRAPPED vs 1kw STRAPPED is unusual, be more inclined to believe the 12kw.(16hp gain).. cam sensor playing havoc?

Removing the wheels & bolting direct to a Dynapack hubb dyno might give you another comparison,(take out the strapping of wheels anomaly) every test on my car: Dyno Dynamics Roller Vs Dynapack has been in the 6.5kw to 8kw range in favour of the hubb dyno.

No difference between Gavins or APT roller dyno in shootout mode.

Suggest you fix the cam sensor fault & wait for Gavins new vanos software to get absolute max gains from your engine/headers package.

Auto drivetrain loss is suggested at 25% so you are well above stock.