Sign in to follow this  
Linden

Clutch Slave Cylinder

Hey guys just purchased a Clutch Slave Cylinder and dont have an actuating rod so going to try make one,

Can someone let me know the exact length of the actuating rod thingy that goes into it?? <_<

Cheers

Linden

027 3111 976

You should have got one with the cylinder??

You cant really "make" one. Its not a straight out piece of steel rod.

You should have got one with the cylinder??

You cant really "make" one. Its not a straight out piece of steel rod.

+1...it should come as part of the cylinder. Who did you get it off ??

Guest FrantiC

I have never bought a slave cylinder that has come with a rod. Am I missing something?

On second thoughts, you may by right Fran.

Memory fails me.

The last 3 I've brought have had the pushrods... I have a spare pushrod at work

I got a clutch slave cylinder from BNT and it did not come with a rod (I was told it would have it when i ordered.....) and i need one tomorrow as start work in chch on monday!!!

They are about the width of a medium size screwdriver shaft and... 110mm long? And they have a little rubber cap on the end. I think you are going to struggle to make your own ay. Good luck anyway :)

PM'd

Thanks heaps for your help Glenn! ive made up a rod i think it was about 87mm long, are you able to measure and let me know the length of a real one when you're at work tomorrow so i can double check please?

Edited by *Glenn*

Thanks heaps for your help Glenn! ive made up a rod i think it was about 87mm long, are you able to measure and let me know the length of a real one when you're at work tomorrow so i can double check please?

87mm will be OK. The measurement of the one I have here is 90mm... you did well with your measurements grasshopper :D

Pm your postal address and I'll send it down to you if you'd still like it. At least you will be able to get your clutch driveable now in the mean time.

When you bleed it, I find it easier to bleed by holding the piston of the slave cylinder down inside the cylinder. Its quicker and easier but takes 3 people to do it. One to hold the cylinder depressed, one to pump the clutch pedal and one to release the bleed nipple. Easy when you have staff.

Edited by *Glenn*

When you bleed it, I find it easier to bleed by holding the piston of the slave cylinder down inside the cylinder. Its quicker and easier but takes 3 people to do it. One to hold the cylinder depressed, one to pump the clutch pedal and one to release the bleed nipple. Easy when you have staff.

floor jack handle/pole and electric seat work a treat if there is no one home to help too ;)

(kiwi ingenuity?) lol

Guest FrantiC

When I bleed it I bleed it using the slave off the gearbox, You open the bleed screw, push the piston in, close the bleed screw and let it come out (pulls down fluid). Open the bleed screw again, push the piston, close it, release the piston.

Keep doing it until no more bubbles come out the bleed screw and it squirts fluid. Takes about 2 minutes and you do it yourself easy as.

When I bleed it I bleed it using the slave off the gearbox, You open the bleed screw, push the piston in, close the bleed screw and let it come out (pulls down fluid). Open the bleed screw again, push the piston, close it, release the piston.

Keep doing it until no more bubbles come out the bleed screw and it squirts fluid. Takes about 2 minutes and you do it yourself easy as.

Omg thats such a good idea lol wish I'd thought of that a month ago! Well posted