Sign in to follow this  
keen

where is the 540 carbon canister?

Can someone tell me where the 1998 540 carbon canister is situated? is this an easy fix to change the canister and fit a new one ? and does someone have a diagram of the area?

Can someone tell me where the 1998 540 carbon canister is situated? is this an easy fix to change the canister and fit a new one ? and does someone have a diagram of the area?

its in the rear bumper/ wheel house behind the splash cover

Why are you wanting to change it ? Chassis # would help to give you the exact answer. It should be in the L/H rear wheel arch behind the guard liner

Why are you wanting to change it ? Chassis # would help to give you the exact answer. It should be in the L/H rear wheel arch behind the guard liner

thank you Glenn The chassis no is bu88618 I Have been advised by a mechanic that under very dusty conditions these can block up giving some various fuel problems and making the car not run well, You may remember that My son in Abu Dhabi has some with his 540 so I'm getting him a new one to change and see if that fixes his problem. I understand that a blocked one won't show up on a fault code reading. This is a long going problem and we are trying to eliminate things that are not too expensive and cover all the suspect things ourselves as the help from the dealer over there is very poor. I remember that you said that if he paid your fair over there you would fix it for him and as nice as that offer was we would like to try some simple things first.thanks ken