Sign in to follow this  
dirtydoogle

The e12 project

Quick update, the scngy old 202 went in today. Not too much work left now. Alternator fitted straight on and just wants to move foward 3mm to match the pulleys. No worries fitting in the engine bay. Will fill with oil and wind over on the starter motor soon.

Have to make the mounts up and wire it up [too easy =D ]

Then I shall be chugging along in a gutless wonder. :unsure:

post-4655-1258959229.jpg

post-4655-1258959245.jpg

post-4655-1258959259.jpg

aaarrrgghhh my eyes my eyes :o

good work though , at least the engine sits straight up and down not like the old leaning bmw engines .

good old donk , used to own a few holdens year ago . Hr 1967 wagon 3 spd manual on the tree 186ci

then 1970 hg wagon with same engine with 5 spd celica box .

aaarrrgghhh my eyes my eyes :o

good work though , at least the engine sits straight up and down not like the old leaning bmw engines .

good old donk , used to own a few holdens year ago . Hr 1967 wagon 3 spd manual on the tree 186ci

then 1970 hg wagon with same engine with 5 spd celica box .

I quite like the old holden motors [underpowered etc]. Strong as hell, just hope the timing gear is ok! It's a crazy idea putting this in a classic BMW, but, the car owes me absolutely nothing at the moment, should be $700 including a cert when she is done. Strangely the front sits just as high as it used to, mind you the 202 aren't as heavy as people think.

I've owned 37 HQ's, i love them (runs & hides lol). Most were owned in the 7 years i lived in Brisbane.

The one major downside to the 173/202 is that they were made with crap alloy for the pistons, that combined with the fact the inlet manifold tilts up towards the back of the head. So #6 will always run lean and on numerous occasions the top of #6 piston would come off at the top ring land lol.

I've owned 37 HQ's, i love them (runs & hides lol). Most were owned in the 7 years i lived in Brisbane.

The one major downside to the 173/202 is that they were made with crap alloy for the pistons, that combined with the fact the inlet manifold tilts up towards the back of the head. So #6 will always run lean and on numerous occasions the top of #6 piston would come off at the top ring land lol.

They are a good old tank!

Yes, that is true sadly. But, at the cost of a 202 I'm not too stressed [xu-1 manifold may help :D ]

The fiber timing gears smash and end up in the sump also, how cute.

They are a good old tank!

Yes, that is true sadly. But, at the cost of a 202 I'm not too stressed [xu-1 manifold may help :D ]

The fiber timing gears smash and end up in the sump also, how cute.

Oh how true lol. Always put Remac or Yella Terra straight cuts in mine, they were only like $199 OZ when i was getting them.

Oh how true lol. Always put Remac or Yella Terra straight cuts in mine, they were only like $199 OZ when i was getting them.

Might do the same. Depends on how this motor is running

37 HQs is about 36 too many ha.

In saying that I had a mint 308 HZ ute about 10 year ago. Replete with rubber floor mats and brown bench seat.

Should never have sold it but the gas mileage was horrendous.

That engine certainly looks a little odd in that bay HA.

Edited by westy

In saying that I had a mint 308 HZ ute about 10 year ago. Replete with rubber floor mats and brown bench seat.

Should never have sold it but the gas mileage was horrendous.

That engine certainly looks a little odd in that bay HA.

Does look a bit odd to the educated bmw fans lol

Does look a bit odd to the educated bmw fans lol

Not when you put it into the perspective of owning 217 cars since i was 16 lol.

Not when you put it into the perspective of owning 217 cars since i was 16 lol.

Well, you wouldn't mind giving me your 3.0si then?

I'm trying to track down a trimatic mount and shifter/cables etc if anybody can help let me know. Cheers

Ha, weird! I know a couple of guys here with 202 powered holdens, one an LX and one a WB... they seem to run out of power stupidly early in the rev range.

non crossflow ftw! (no exhaust manifold vs steering column worries).

Keep it up.