Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Broken e36 in Queenstown

My mate recently moved to queenstown and his e36 (325i I think) has given up on him. Sounds as though it may be a head gasket but very hard to diagnose via email.

Anyone down that way willing to help a brother out? Even if its just with some diagnosis so he knows what he's in for.

Or failing that, who can recommend a trustworthy workshop I can tell him to take it to?

Cheers.

Hansen's are good, but IIRC can be quite pricey (I think they are associated with Southern Motor Court in Dunedin).

Surely your mate will know someone local who is an AA member? Membership belongs to the individual, not the car - so it doesn't matter what car you call about. They probably won't be able to tell you much from the side of the road, but it is a free diagnosis and could be helpful.

Thanks - car is at his place (as I said he's recently moved down there). You know the drill - new town, don't know what mechanics to trust, and he wants to go in knowing a little about what its likely to be so they can't take him for a ride.

Any other votes for Hansens?

Hansen's are nothing to do with SMG

Go see Jaques(Ex-BMW South Africa), Colin and Mark at:

Southern Motor Group Queenstown

170 Glenda Dve Frktn Queenstown 0-3-441 4051

Top bunch of guys and won't give you the run around.

Barry.