Sign in to follow this  
briancol

Those "sick" Aussies

My son-in-law from Sydney sent me a hot rod magazine the other day which featured his father's 34 Ford coupe.

It's the June '09 edition so quite new.

Looking through the classified section at the rear of the magazine I found this advertisment for an E36 M3.

I couldn't quite believe what I saw.

post-2989-1251755509.jpg

Edited by C0SM0S

Thats terrible, looks like someone coloured in the headlights in the picture wih a paint pen!

EDIT: no speak english

Edited by Blackie

Someone pass me an extinguisher!

I'm guessing it's a daytime only ride

Painted out headlights and fog lights.

And $A30,000 for a 3.0 ltr? That,s over $NZ37,000 at todays rate. I can't believe it.

Wow Lance................... The car's new Bonnet emblem.

Holy picture resizer Lanceman!

Was it teh Rheineck that killed them?

Hah I couldnt be assered.. get off dial up if its a problem :P The rheineck killed Bravo.. The picture size is so hugely mohesive so you can see the blood splatter and see Bravo's finger prints on the bottle

Guest Simon*

You sick little monkeys, I like it :D

Maybe we should start our own thread to knock off the lolcats with the lolpossies

I like the big picture Lance, it’s like playing BUZ and waiting for the picture to come clearer… took me 6 seconds to guess it was a possum... oh, look with beer... still opening.

M3’s would cost that here too if every second one wasn’t a clapped out Japanese import… Most of the NZ new ones are bad enough.

From what I can gather the condition of your average old BMW in Australia is quite high in comparison to NZ cars.

Looks hot!

*uses sarcastic font*

Guest Simon*

Looks hot!

*uses sarcastic font*

Very nice employment of sarcfont Kaz

Shout yourself a choccy fish

The condition of Beemers in Aussie isn't too bad Graham, but the mileage is usually astronomical.

When I was last there in "08 I looked around a few car yards in Sydney and E36's had an average of 250,000 kms on them. Mind you, Australia is a very big country and you drive long distances if you need to go anywhere.

When you’re buying an old car like that it’s the maintenance you want to see not the millage though isn’t it. Im sure we both looked at that lovely low millage Black M3 in Papatoetoe with New Zealander spec maintenance… Scary ether way.

They do seem to pay quite a bit for old cars though.

It's the old Aussie luxury car tax that the shove on euro imports. Makes them expensive to import, and hold their price better.

About time Lance...

When you’re buying an old car like that it’s the maintenance you want to see not the millage though isn’t it. Im sure we both looked at that lovely low millage Black M3 in Papatoetoe with New Zealander spec maintenance… Scary ether way.

They do seem to pay quite a bit for old cars though.

If you mean the Evo Graham, then yes, I sent it to Glenn for a pre-purchase, and didn't buy it.

Wonder why?

More aussie bmw fail:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Actually sums up z3 convertibles pretty well :P

he was probably eyeing up the shifter to use in his E30.

Go the Z3 Veilside loss. I remember when those kits were awesome and people would pay 10k for one.. Very Supra had/has one.

Flames = FacePalm.

Remember my tanty about cars with flames a few months ago.

That's why I remained disgusted, all this time.

Haha that z3 is almost as tacky as the Pink Mercedes-Benz in Manukau.

But to be honest I'd rather the pink paint job compared to the calf sh*t burnt orange.

Some people huh.

Guest Simon*

You have to admit they've been pretty faithful to the Louis Vuitton colours and signage - it does make it look like a flash leather handbag. Bit more of a pro job than some hoodrat from 'da Sowf who sprayed their own Merc pink ;)

That Pink Mercedes from "da south" ( <_< ) is actually quite impressive, would have had more spent on the paint than most of our cars are worth, if it’s the one im thinking of, its driven by a very tasty young lass.

This one!!!

Posted Image

Edited by Apex