Sign in to follow this  
wolliver

calling all experienced people

im having trouble fitting my tech1 rear kit, would anyone be willing to give me a hand in exchange for a few beers?

im currently living in manurewa, if anyone is able to lend a hand or talk me through it, it would be much apreciated.

please PM me if you are able.

cheers,

James W

If you have all the correct end caps to match etc can help ya. Its a pain to modify non kit rear end caps. everything else is pretty simple and strait forward. My workshops in Takanini so ill sus one of the boys to help you there always keen for a few beers.( i personally wont be there)

ok... so knwing this now, i fink its safe to say that the standard trim ive got is not going to work, this was where i was getting confused as there was a big gap between the bumper and the trim.

so i shouldnt need any help untill i get the trim

thanks anyway

I modified the bumper caps on my racecar. Needless to say that sucked. Try get the proper bumper caps as Mike says.

will modify for now, then buy the caps when i can find some. i just wanna get the kit fitted and painted finally.

is there anywhere i can get bmw colours in a spray can? i wanna get the kit at least matching my current colour, as a respray is still a while away

Edited by wolliver

go to a auto paint shop, give them the colour code off the strut tower and they can mix the paint up for you. probebly around $25 a can

fitted the trim on with the kit, but i got like a 4mm gap between the trim and the chrome bumper

ideas?

will modify for now, then buy the caps when i can find some. i just wanna get the kit fitted and painted finally.

is there anywhere i can get bmw colours in a spray can? i wanna get the kit at least matching my current colour, as a respray is still a while away

L J Smits 34 Greenmount Road East Tamaki, $30 + GST a Can Matches Perfect, Used it on my spoiler and skirts

I modified the bumper caps on my racecar. Needless to say that sucked. Try get the proper bumper caps as Mike says.

didn't I? it's mint!

fitted the trim on with the kit, but i got like a 4mm gap between the trim and the chrome bumper

ideas?

take a photo , will be easier to see where you have gone wrong

take a photo , will be easier to see where you have gone wrong

ummm hard to do when all u hav is a piece of .... camera phone lol. i took off the trim and flipped it over and it improved a little, but looks as tho the trim is upside dwn, but hopefully once i get the end caps on you wont be able to notice

L J Smits 34 Greenmount Road East Tamaki, $30 + GST a Can Matches Perfect, Used it on my spoiler and skirts

went for a drive by there today, it doesnt look like they exist anymore