Sign in to follow this  
mark247

E30 M50 conversion

^ Me and matt are BOTH pissing ourselves. Just gonna head round to yours and go for a drive before you get home :P

Good luck changing gear bitch! hahaha.

was it that plug mike talked to you about?

Nah.

Theres a wire from the OBC code immobilizer that goes thru the c101 firewall connector. If theres power on that wire to the ECU it wont start. So I just cut it.

lol Mark,

im at yours now, currently sitting in your now m50 e30 haha

goes really good

brb

Just taking it for a quick spin :P

Take me for a drive when its done Mark :)

Pretty please

Do a Luke ;)

Oh and good work guys!

Just had to correct that there.

P.S Good job.

Edited by QuickSilver

Just had to correct that there.

P.S Good job.

ROFL! Someones gotta get the ball rolling... We will have to have a meet someday Mark

Do a skid ;)

Oh and good work guys!

Having trouble with the brakes, the joins i bought for the resivour are dodgy and will pop out. Need to sort this on monday, once it is sorted though I am going to jam into 1st gear with a screw driver on the gear box ( f**k sorting the shifter ) and dump the clutch and smoke out the shed, or my drive way... whatever one is more suitable. It will be filmed. :D

No exhaust FTW.

This car has all the fancy parts, it's even got a throttle cable now. But I have a bad earth somewhere and now when i push a horn the headlights come on haha.

ROFL! Someones gotta get the ball rolling... We will have to have a meet someday Mark

Yep sure, once it's running I'm keen. Before November because im going overseas for 3 months then. You should come up here, e30m50 meet, that will make 4 of us. You, RyanG, Kerry, me.

Edited by Mark247

6000rpm with no exhaust is loud.

Video!

Bugger that barefoot angle-grinding :P

HAHA was just thinking that. A real man always goes bare feet but a hard man uses Nylon safety pants :D

lol.

how are the tyres looking?

Bald, but they were like that before hand. Haven't done a burnout yet, still need to sort out shifter. Just got the wiring all done basically. And finally sorted out something for the brakes, they just need bleeding.

Managed to sort out shifter with the use of a lot of washers.

Burnout video by the end of the day hopefully =D

The Asian family next door wont know what hit 'em.

RARRRRRR RARRRRR ARRRRRRRRRR.

Guest FrantiC

Don't get caught lol.

What was wrong with the shifter that needed sorting ?

And how is the gearbox sitting with that custom mount you did, Did you just make that yourself or with the guide of someone else who did it that way? Is it still centered in the driveshaft tunnel and the driveshaft lining up straight etc?

Don't get caught lol.

What was wrong with the shifter that needed sorting ?

And how is the gearbox sitting with that custom mount you did, Did you just make that yourself or with the guide of someone else who did it that way? Is it still centered in the driveshaft tunnel and the driveshaft lining up straight etc?

I copied the mount off my mates e30m50.

M50 made the gearbox sit on a queer angle. If you have the facelift shifter setup it doesn't matter but because I had the prefacelift rubbish sheet metal crapper one It's all on the piss, I couldnt get 5th gear, the shifter would just hit the side of the hole. Managed to straighten it out enough with washers to get it to fit, but we are going to cut the shifter linkage in half and turn it slightly and join it up again to make it perfect.

Oh and I wont get caught, it's on my driveway.. not on the road.

Noise control anyone?! Nah we will see what happens, may wait until i have exhaust done.

Definately gonna drive it up and down the driveway though lol.

Edited by Mark247

Guest Ari Gold

Heh, when I did my loom it took about 45mins (incl soldering it up). .

Never ever a good idea in automotive applications. Vibrations and such could destroy the connection an you'd never know which wire went down.

Guest FrantiC

I always crimp and heatshrink, or solder and heatshrink my wiring.

When I just solder, I twist the wires together, solder it and heatshrink it. Very unlikely it would come loose or break that way.

Never ever a good idea in automotive applications. Vibrations and such could destroy the connection an you'd never know which wire went down.

meh!

On another note, old ladies angry and azns are staring. Did a skud with no brakes but anywho!

It can certainly move but it just cant stop.

Yeah crimping is the ideal way to do it, but I dont have any crimps, so I just soldered it and tbh I have never had any problems with solder + heatshrink. It does make a weaker connection tho, but nothing that would break unless it was been abused.