Sign in to follow this  
bmw325i

Project E36 Motorsport Rim Custom Jobo!

Got sick of looking at my standard rims sit in the garage collecting dust so decided to do something small and different with them to see what they look like.

Will put photos up on this thread as I do each stage so people and like and dislike what i do to them ;)

Objective is to prep them, paint them gloss black, grind back the bead to alloy again, and add a motorsport badge stripe of light blue pin stripe around the inner bead face. (Hard to explain exactly where im going to put it but photos will soon tell.

Have added a pic of the motorsport badge also so you can see the light blue im going to try and match.

post-2520-1252961539.jpg

Edited by OLLIE
dont use CAPITALS for your thread title FFS!

Stage 1: Orginal Wheel In Silver With NO character other than being a factory wheel.

post-2520-1252961963.jpg

Step 2: Prep'd and ready for gloss black

post-2520-1252971848.jpg

Edited by -ISLE69-
Please Resize your photos!

Yeah they looked quite good in matt black but they look equally as good in gloss. Might do the other two in matt so i can have like ahh one matt and one gloss on each side.... or not. But yeah might do the other set as a matt set and a different colour pin stripe. Will decide once these two are done

Both look good. Was thinking of doing this to a set of E39 rims I have. Either that or scrap metal.

Look good! Maybe some nice track rims?

for track rims ill need track suspension lol i wish. would rather not take it trashing round a track anyway.. im too nice to it to do that :S

Looks good so far. Looking forward to seing the finished result.

Who is doing this? you?

Im wanting to strip my rims back, clean up the kerb marks and repaint in silver. Just wondering what sort of $$ im looking at.

Im doing it myself man. Done a few sets in the past so just decided to do these myself aswell.

Hey man,

According to the interwebs here are the M logo paint colours (so you can ask for it rather than getting it matched)

Paint:

blue violett GLASURIT-BMW 4000

light blue GLASURIT-BMW 5002

red GLASURIT-BMW 353

Well theyre finished. Decided the shaved outer bead would be too happening so just stuck with the pin stripe which I'm very happy with the outcome. Cant wait to do the other two and then put them on the car =D

post-2520-1253400519.jpg

post-2520-1253400529.jpg

WICKED!

Youve done such a good job! How did you get the pin stripe so perfect?

Would love a run down of the process required. Need to get my rims painted ASAP

a mate of mine is a sign writter so we used the sign writting viynl (off cuts so were free) then cut it to the desired width and stretched it around the rim. only took about 5 min per rim. Theyre pretty close to perfect, up really close after seeing them done you can see the slightest imperfections but theyre about as good as they are ever going to get. Ill wack them on for the next meet and can explain to you then if you come mate.

Looks real good, love to see the final result on the car!