Sign in to follow this  
Foohey

BMW 540i

Hi There,

This is Fooheys GF.

My work friend has a 1992 or 1993 540i v8 which has just recently munted its motor. She's wanting to know an average of how much she might get just for the body?

Its in perfect condition, no dints or anything. Before the motor crapped itself it had down 140Ks

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Best to ask one of our resident BMW wreckers. If they see the post they might be able to help you.

But you will have to get a little more info. As there is many variations. Some much more valuable than others.

Pictures is the best way.

Brent is advertising on Trademe for one of these, perhaps he could buy this and put one of his V8's in it???

Depends on what spec and what options are on the car.

A tidy E34 540i, is probably only likely to get $3500 - $4500 in the current market, so the average punter wouldnt pay much more than $1000 if the car was going to be put back on the road, otherwise it would be cheaper to buy a running car. I can't see the wreckers paying much more than that.

Depends on what spec and what options are on the car.

A tidy E34 540i, is probably only likely to get $3500 - $4500 in the current market, so the average punter wouldnt pay much more than $1000 if the car was going to be put back on the road, otherwise it would be cheaper to buy a running car. I can't see the wreckers paying much more than that.

+1

E34 540's are pretty much currently at their bottom dollar.

Where abouts is the car?

As a comparison, we were offered $1,500 for a average E39 528i with a crap motor.

Best bet would be to wreck it yourself and sell parts on TM.