Sign in to follow this  
bmw_guy

Brooks Steelies

Interesting, i wonder what the cost would be though

16x10's.

Wow! Yum. 215's on the 10's really look tits. Love the polished lip also on the steelies. So flashy ghetto.

Looks good Brook.

Widened steelies are dopeee, Might sell my weaves at some point and get my steelies widened.

That looks sh*t hot like that, do NOT do the rust thing mate. Don't perpetuate(sp?) the "NZ is years behind the states" thing.

Spastic dwarf in the US did his E28 over a year ago and now he's gettin' so much sh*t for it.

Rusty bonnet/boot = played out.

Spastic dwarf in the US did his E28 over a year ago and now he's gettin' so much sh*t for it.

Whatever makes him happy, It's his car. Personally I think his E28 is hawt as.

I agree that Brook shouldn't do it tho, Wouldn't suit the black/white storm trooper look IMO.

Colour coded bumpers, iS lip & some wider wheels would be dopeeeee.

Edited by James~

Whatever makes him happy, It's his car. Personally I think his E28 is hawt as.

I agree that Brook shouldn't do it tho, Wouldn't suit the black/white storm trooper look IMO.

Colour coded bumpers, iS lip & some wider wheels would be dopeeeee.

Agreed, i've kept mine to 2 colours and i think it works, Brooks does too.

Would widened steelies involve cutting and welding....I hope it includes heat treatment too :s Brittle failure @ 100kph would not be pleasant.

Can't begin to imagine how much unsprung weight would be added with 16x10 steel wheels. Maybe it's just not my cup of tea.

Perhaps something like this would be choicer if going for the look?

you could probaly find some 4wd stealies they are super wide with massive dish.. if the centre hole matches.. i know you can get a spacer of some sort in there but am not sure if it is legal. but you'd need to redrill and off set could be an issue.

but i don't really know anything about wheels, but i see wide stealies with huge dish at work and wonder.

Looks good brook, just take your time and itl get there, one thing at a time

you could probaly find some 4wd stealies they are super wide with massive dish.. if the centre hole matches.. i know you can get a spacer of some sort in there but am not sure if it is legal. but you'd need to redrill and off set could be an issue.

but i don't really know anything about wheels, but i see wide stealies with huge dish at work and wonder.

a guy in np i went to school did this a few years ago with a c34 laurel slammed as, looks tough as

wait for our Black 16x7 and 16x8 Deep dish wheels - 4.5" Dish on the 8's!! :ph34r:

I shall say no more :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

wait for our Black 16x7 and 16x8 Deep dish wheels - 4.5" Dish on the 8's!! :ph34r:

I shall say no more :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

f**%K yeAAAH keep me informed :D

im keen for widened steelies and a lower drop

Looking good!

Thanks

not quite at your level haha but ill get there

As much as I am for the widened steelies thing - check out tyre availability. I've just spent a week finding tyres for a 14x7" wheel with a similar overall tyre diameter as e30, and there are only about 3 tyres you can get that fit, one of which is rubbish.

Do some research before you spend money on the wheels.

Keen to see what Johnno has lined up in a 16" wheel though - sounds good.

sorry to hijack .....

Bravo

Hankook, do a road legal semi slick 205 in 14 and the over all height of the tire is pretty dam close to the 195/65/14's that were on my old 14 weaves

the 205 bulged a bit on the 14 weaves so it would be perfect on the 7" rim or even an 8" rim

oh and back on topic of widened steelies

You do not want to go near a 4wd steel rim, I have them on my garage floor and holey batman are they heavy

the steel can be around really thick in places.

Edited by Jimmy

Cheers dude. In a way you did describe the problem. Tyres DO exist in that size, but they're not common. Other than the semi-slick you mention, there's a POS of a brand I can't remember , and a couple of Toyos that are half decent, and that's about it. Hardly what you'd call a good selection.

Anyone have an is lip for sale? cheap? :)

Fully keen for is lip, roof racks and something black and dished