Sign in to follow this  
AzonicNick

NFS Shift: E36 M3 plus ring action

Hey all,

Found this while looking for info about GT5 haha. This should hopefully keep me going untill it is released (should be this year.. hopefully!)

Anyway found this write up for NFS Shift. Game came out today and is getting some mixed reviews, I think ill give it a shot anyway

I think ill have to get it because of the following..

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/09/12...rdschliefe.aspx

Posted Image

Posted Image

waiting for forza 3

yep pre-ordered the limited edition :)

Need for Speed is awesome, but Shift is just track racing (kinda like Pro Street)

For me, NFS should be about cruising the streets in some boy racer car looking for races, building your rep and avoiding cops.

I'll buy it one day, but not today :)

Im trying to hold out for GT5 but this will hopefully be OK. Not expecting much going on the last few NFS games.

The old Porsche one was awesome though!

waiting for forza 3

+1

Colin McRae Dirt 2 came out yesterday might get that as well.

I've got it. My first car was a BMW (naturally) 135i. I like the way you upgrade your cockpits, and just the general look of the cars.

The physics, after all the hype, is a huge disappointment. The cars feel as if they rotate around a central axis, rather than being connected to the road through all four wheels. The way the game handles inertia isn't quite right either. You can make up your own minds. Maybe I'll go back to playing GTR Evolution and rFactor

Im trying to hold out for GT5 but this will hopefully be OK. Not expecting much going on the last few NFS games.

The old Porsche one was awesome though!

+1

I still have it, its simply the best. Ever. Even tho its ancient as and i havent played it in years.

Hold out for GT5 or Forza 3. Shift is utter sh*t!! All the reviews are giving it alot more than it deserves. The cars jump around like they all have 600hp and driving on Wanglee street tyres. The physics engine is a joke. The drifting is just total sh*t. Guy at my local game shop said he has had more than 10 people return it and swap for something else already. Lucky I did not buy it. After the last 4 NFS titles I was very skeptical about this big change they were making. It gets a 4/10 from me.

It does however have a few BMW's.

135i

E36 M3

E46 M3

E92 M3

And they all get raped by sh*t heaps like the Golf GTI. sigh...