Sign in to follow this  
Abby

Its never ending isnt it! :P

Well, my car is now nicely warrented....yesterday, and just in the nick of time, is no longer working. Something's gone wrong with the Clutch Cylinder and there is no pressure engaging the clutch so my car will start but wont go into gear....

Anyone know of anyone with a second hand Clutch Cylinder that I can buy....

Im very gutted my car isnt going to be running over xmas...looks like im walking :thumbsdown:

also, A Viscous Fan (Clutch) In goodish condition would be great....

heheh...If only my mag hadnt broken and punctured my tyre and cost $300 to repair I would have some money to buy these things new for xmas....its just not my week :P

Any advice or parts u guys no off would be great tho.

Hope you all have a good xmas

Abby.

Abby, go to BNT (Brake and Transmission) and just buy a new Clutch Slave, it's only $30...if you want to do a little bit more for less then get the Slave Repair Kit for something like $15 or less.

That'll fix you up :)

Well im hoping it is the slave cylinder and not the master...because apparently a new master cylinder is about $280 :blink:

Gus is guna come have a look for me and see what he thinks as well. but sadly I think its guna be off the road over xmas..... cant win em all huh

Well im hoping it is the slave cylinder and not the master...because apparently a new master cylinder is about $280 :blink:

Gus is guna come have a look for me and see what he thinks as well. but sadly I think its guna be off the road over xmas..... cant win em all huh

Abby: I have a trade account with BNT. You are welcum to 'tick it up' on my account. This way u can get ya car fixed, and pay me by 20th Jan 05. ( norman bus. terms. )...oh and 4get GST, cos I claim it bak anyway :)

Consider it - hate to c u with no wheels for chrissi!

PM me if you wan't to go for it.

Well im hoping it is the slave cylinder and not the master...because apparently a new master cylinder is about $280  :blink:

Abby: I have a trade account with BNT. You are welcum to 'tick it up' on my account. This way u can get ya car fixed, and pay me by 20th Jan 05. ( norman bus. terms. )...oh and 4get GST, cos I claim it bak anyway :)

props y0!

$280 for a master cylinder???

When i was shopping around for one they were around $100, not genuine but who really cares.

:bowdown:

Now thats why I call christmas spirit.

Cheers

Martyn

Now thats christmas spirit and bimmer spirit.

^_^^_^^_^

nah it would no be spirit of christmas past...

YAY I finally got my car running again last night, did the master cylinder and gus n dave helped to bleed the clutch...and off I went happiest i've been in a while cos my car was running! WOOHOO

....wake up this morning to go to work...and the clutch is totally screwed again! So now its back to the drawing board...presuming its the slave cylinder this time :angry: ...at least it gave me a good hour of driving before it decided to break down this time :banghead: :banghead:

did you put in a new pressure plate when you did the conversion?

It seems like a lot of clucth parts are crapping out when people are putting them back in the cars after they been sitting around for a while. Any reason for this?

Guest Andrew

did you put in a new pressure plate when you did the conversion?

It seems like a lot of clucth parts are crapping out when people are putting them back in the cars after they been sitting around for a while. Any reason for this?

the seals die - I went through 2 master cylinders and 1 slave after I bought my car of graeme - it had been sitting for a month or so with the motor out.

My current master has shat itself a bit now also.

Abby - test the master before you go and replace the slave.

Guest WAGON

my touring started going to pieces but all fixed now everything shold be ok :) :bowdown: :mosh: