Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Congrats Josh, Brendan

FINALISTS FOR BEST DANCE/ELECTRONICA ALBUM:

Sola Rosa - Get It Together

Ladyhawke - Ladyhawke

Antiform - City In Exile

Top Album. I bought it before the release party and still listen to it at least once a week.

By the way - have I been living under a rock?? I'd never heard sola rosa before. Not only is his music awesome (and going to be a bit of competition at the awards for our lads in Antiform), but the Turn Around video clip is pretty damn cool.

Links:

Antiform

Sola Rosa

Vodafone Music Awards

Good stuff boys, always like to have Antiform crankn in the e30! Even more so in the coming summer months.

I see Lady Hawke took it out ... cant keep everyone happy i suppose lol

Big ups to the Antiform lads being nominated regardless! keep the good stuff up

Beat me to it. And her speech was crap too.

Ahh well, good on ya lads in any case.

Yea, was quite dissapointed for ya's to. IMO you guys had the only true dance/electronica album on the list, thought NZ music would have a bit more depth than that.

E: have only heard the songs of the Sola Rosa and Ladyhawke that were on the VNZMA website, so not the whole album.

Congratulations on getting that far tho, and keep it up.

Edited by antony

You can listen to the rest of the Sola Roas album on their website (link in original post). It's electronica - but not dance. It's actual several different electronica genres all rolled into one album. All the tracks are based on a fairly similar electronic beat set and sound and overlaid with dub influences, jazz influences, lounge, and maybe a touch of reggae influence on at least one track. I've been listening to it all week. It's a cool album, but not as good as Antiform's. It lacks the imagination, intenseness and energy of City of Exile.