Sign in to follow this  
DRTDVL

How to drive a rally car!

Real shame, an M3 would make the craziest rally car, you would be clenching every corner and counter steering 80% of the time. They look fantastic when they get it wright though, love the couple that have so much grip they pop up on two wheels.

Makes me want an M3 even more though.

I just had a cry. What a waste.

A shame to see nice cars getting crashed, but that's the risk with rallying - no run off areas or tyre barriers, get it wrong and it's going to hurt!

Loved the M3 rolling into the field and owning the Renault 5 Maxi, and the red M3 doing "an Olsen #14" :rolleyes: !

A shame to see nice cars getting crashed, but that's the risk with rallying - no run off areas or tyre barriers, get it wrong and it's going to hurt!

Loved the M3 rolling into the field and owning the Renault 5 Maxi, and the red M3 doing "an Olsen #14" :rolleyes: !

Know a rally driver who commented: "If i can go faster by bouncing off a rock,bank,tree i will... the service guys will fix the car... not me... "

For those that don't know one of the reasons why group b was banned.... the fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4UuZ5mauKk

Another good clip - "The End Of Group B"

Those were the great days of rallying, but looking back now it did get a little out of control and when people start to get killed, drivers and spectators, something had to be done. Even today those cars are just awesome and I have still not seen anything that compares in the flesh.

Glory moments of group B:

group b

man wish i was able to go to one of those... if i was born a few years earlier and had the chance to :(

Real shame, an M3 would make the craziest rally car, you would be clenching every corner and counter steering 80% of the time. They look fantastic when they get it wright though, love the couple that have so much grip they pop up on two wheels.

Makes me want an M3 even more though.

this guy deserves an M3

damn m3 looks so compose!!

That Patick Snijers video has been posted in this thread about 18 hours ago...

But so worth a repost. Watch it all the time.

Not sure if this had been posted before or if anyone has ever seen it but this guy really knows how to drive an M3

Guest Simon*

Not sure if this had been posted before or if anyone has ever seen it but this guy really knows how to drive an M3

Yeah that one's ok but this guy is even better!

Yeah that one's ok but this guy is even better!

ROFL!

Yeah, he's OK, but not as good as that Sneijders guy tha't's on YouTube :D

When Group B was banned, lots of the cars then moved into the European Rallycross events, half tarmac circuit and half dirt / gravel track. I was lucky in that two circuits, Brands Hatch and Lydden Hill were close to me, so I could go to lots of these events. Seeing RS200s 205T16s Audi S4s, R5 Maxi Turbo, Deltas, 6R4s, etc up close going full noise was ORSOME B)

Searching YouTube now for some coverage....

They still race them too!

So many cool Group-B cars developed by manufacturers never made a rally, had it continued there would have been some epic Homologation specials.

I enjoyed the Group-A error , was nothing wrong with that!

That is mean, never seen that befor! Cheers Simon.

Edited by Apex

Forgotten Group B cars (pictures from Groupbrally.com):

BMW M1

Posted Image

Citroën BX 4TC:

Posted Image

Daihatsu Charade DeTomaso 926R:

Posted Image

Ferrari 288 GTO, 308 GTB Michelotto, 288 GTO Evoluzione:

Posted Image

Lada Samara EVA:

Posted Image