Sign in to follow this  
Lucan

Anyone tried/heard about these?

HANKOOK VENTUS H405(HRII)

Has anybody had any experience with these before?

Looking for a reasonably priced option at the moment..250-300 per tyre is a tad too much at the moment!

Saw these on trademe... :unsure:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-245952681.htm

Helps they're the size I'd like to be running at the moment too :D

Cheers guys

Lucan

Did you get Johno to give you a quote? Mag and Tyre Direct, Forum Sponser.

They service is great and so are the prices

Nope, will PM him now as well

Cheers

Have used them before, didn't find anything wrong with them, I thought they were good value for money. Pretty good tread life and gripped fine. But it was about 5 years ago though so things may have changed by now.

Pretty sure thats what Im running man. They are pretty decent, no slippy slippy problems.. in the dry anyway!

better than the nakang fronts had... have got the k107 hankook ventus atm .. at around 200 a pop .. pretty decent.. so would believe those are pretty good too

Oyeah sweet looks like these should do for now then

Pictures of my "all new" E30 are on there way hehe

They are a pretty decent tyre I went trough two sets of 205 45 x16" on my Primera very grippy in the wet

tread life is ok, that price is fair my last set cost $173 each fitted and balanced.

To me, they are not grippy compared to Direzza + GridIII but you pay for what you get. I didn't go through a set but they seem to last longer.

To me, they are not grippy compared to Direzza + GridIII but you pay for what you get. I didn't go through a set but they seem to last longer.

I've run both of them or have driven cars with them and they are nothing great. Neither are the hankook. If I want a good rubber that lasts and works extremely well I get bridgestone potenza re01r [ the re01 are crap but the re01r are brilliant]

My brother ran the RE01R on his GSR and found them awesome, a mate had them on a trueno and it really made the trueno look like it almost handled well.

I've run both of them or have driven cars with them and they are nothing great. Neither are the hankook. If I want a good rubber that lasts and works extremely well I get bridgestone potenza re01r [ the re01 are crap but the re01r are brilliant]

My brother ran the RE01R on his GSR and found them awesome, a mate had them on a trueno and it really made the trueno look like it almost handled well.

Yes, the GridIII & Direzza are not that great, but they are certainly above average and does the job quite well, much better than the Hankook.

The RE01r which have been replaced by RE11 now. These come in limited size so it won't suit alot of people. They are probably the next step down from semi-slicks. They are in another class, can't put them in the same category as GridIII or Direzza DZ101. The RE01r/RE11 have to be compared to tyres like Dunlop Direzza Sports Z1 vs Toyo Proxes R1R vs Yokohama Advan Neova AD07, the ultimate non-semi-slick street tyre.

Yes, the GridIII & Direzza are not that great, but they are certainly above average and does the job quite well, much better than the Hankook.

The RE01r which have been replaced by RE11 now. These come in limited size so it won't suit alot of people. They are probably the next step down from semi-slicks. They are in another class, can't put them in the same category as GridIII or Direzza DZ101. The RE01r/RE11 have to be compared to tyres like Dunlop Direzza Sports Z1 vs Toyo Proxes R1R vs Yokohama Advan Neova AD07, the ultimate non-semi-slick street tyre.

They are also factory fitment on the top Japanese cars, the new Subaru Impreza STI Spec-C for example.

This is the new Spec-C, it’s the bad boy version STI. Bigger feet, mechanical LSD’s, weight drop and a few more KW’s.

Posted Image