post-4588-1270102569.jpg

post-4588-1270102628.jpg

post-4588-1270102633.jpg

post-4588-1270102604.jpg

post-4588-1270102725.jpg

post-4588-1270102656.jpg

post-4588-1270102651.jpg

Mods List:- so far.....

EXTERIOR:- Matt Black (be repainted one day). BMW Badges Removed. 17" Rims with BMW bottle caps (and the 14s are painted black). Lowered 35mm (Kings). Rear Pedders Shocks & Shortened Fronts. Headlights Smoked (100W Superwhite Bulbs x4). Black Plastic Eyelids. Foglights Installed (100W Superwhite Bulbs). AllRed Taillights (Blacked Out Reverse). Boot Lip. Chrome Plate Frames x2 & Dice Plate Bolts. Chrome Painted:- Wipers, Grill, Handles & Petrol Flap. Custom Decals. Black Painted Brakes (x4). A/M Smoked Front Indicators Lens (x2).

INTERIOR:- A/M Steering Wheel with Bosskit (BMW Horn Button). Alloy Gearknob. Material Seat Covers (Front & Rear). Black Painted Parcel Tray. Rear Door Trim Cloth Inserts painted Black. Brand New 'Grey' Mats (x4).

ICE:- Sony Headunit. 6" Speakers in Tray (still originals in the front). 2x Tweeters (front). 2x 12" Subs in Custom Box with Fusion Amp.

ENGINE:- Brandnew Radiator. EuroStyle Twintip Muffler (XFORCE).

TO DO LIST (not in order - whenever $ allows):-

-Front Door Trims Painted Black (cloth inserts).

-Smoked Side Repeaters.

-Repaint car "Matt Black" & Sills, Door Jams, etc 'Gloss Black' - All Professionally (will get the rust sorted before paint - only small bits, nothing major).

-All Parts I painted Chrome will be re-chromed properly (Real Chrome Dipping) when car is being painted.

-Have badge holes covered properly.

-Chrome Flares for all 4 arches.

-Full Bodykit (still to decide what).

-Dash Mat.

-Custom CAI Box with Podilter.

-All Suspension Parts & Springs 'Acid Dipped' then painted Black.

-New Front Seats (Original Leather OR A/M Buckets).

-Original Leather Rear Seat - if I get original leather front seats.

-New Carpet Thru-out.

-Sub Box retrimmed in Black carpet.

-All Wiring for ICE to be hidden.

-Custom holders for Front Tweeters.

-F/L Front Plastic Lip.

WISH LIST (only if I sell my Honda & clear other debts):-

-A/M Front Chrome Angel Headlights.

-A/M Smoked Tail Lights.

-Engine & Gearbox Conversion (still to decide).

-Air Ride Suspension.

Edited by Shady

NZ BMW FTMFW

? The Founder of NZBMW is on here...

I bet it's loud

In what way? The subs - Yes. The exhaust - No.

The paintjob looks better in person, need to do those finishing touches to the fuel flap and the fog blank covers and should much better. Wouldn't be hard to get a prep and paint yourself as they're really small pieces. Take the rear badge off to smoothen that look. Exhaust looks pretty intense, I like it. Red tails really suit the look. Where'd ya get the muffler?

Edited by bmw3

Guest FrantiC

First shot the matt black doesnt look too bad tbh.

But I think you need to change that white door handle surround, looks wrong, the taillights look too red??? You only need to spray the indictor bit red to match the rest, not go over it all. Looks too red IMO.

How have you smokde your high beams ? Cross hairs? Just that I can't see them.

Mattblack is rough, run your hands over it & it feels "ew". Gonna give it a good sanding next year (a bit of rust to be removed on the rear - will put aphoto up) and then repaint it. Im gonna go for a Satin look.

I painted the orange parts, but it didnt quite look right, was too dull. So I then just sprayed the whole thing which evened it up. And yes, I painted the highbeams. If I fail a wof I will just go see Kerry for some normal ones, :lol:

EDIT: When the car is in day light, you can see how my mate painted it. You can see the 'strokes', so Im gonna repaint it. Its also hard to keep clean as dirt just sticks to to. And theres also a few small scratches. Im also going to remove the side stripes. Have decided Im gonna do a full "shaved" look and remove all handles & locks except the boot lock... just for the fact I wanna learn new skills (panel & paint wise).

Edited by Shady

need to do those finishing touches to the fuel flap and the fog blank covers and should much better.

+1

Stockings ftw

haha

easily removable for a wof

Exhaust looks pretty intense, I like it. Red tails really suit the look. Where'd ya get the muffler?

Trademe bro :) $80 + $100 :blink: to install cos it was a mission :lol:

But I think you need to change that white door handle surround, looks wrong.

Not white. The reflection makes them look white. They are silver. I will, one day when I can be bothered, remove everything I painted silver & buy new original black items. But thats at the bottom of the list cos its not a major for me yet. I painted all that stuff ages ago when I was bored one night. :lol:

I like the petrol flap. Was originally gonna chrome it, but I dont wanna add more chrome, just freshen up the original chrome. So instead I just polished it...well not quite polished, just sanded it so much it looks polished. Then cleared it. Will be stripping the clear off one day & using a proper polishing pad to make it bling. I wont be painting it black...

I like the headlights

Cheers.

Took me ages to do though. Cos I needed to replace a heap of small clips & adjuster rods etc, but thanks to Kerry I got that all sussed and they are now finally back together & in the car. Just need 2 new bulbs for the highbeams and then reallign all 4 lights and its all good.

The ugly "cancer". This is the worst rust I have found so far. Not sure how Im gonna repair it. Guess Im gonna have to cut it out & patch a new piece of sheet metal in there?

Its below (obviously) the towhook under the rear bumper on driverside.

post-4588-1255133125.jpg

Also got minor surface rust around the leftside of the boot (under the rubber and behind the trim, leftside) which I will sand back & rust removal blah blah soon.

Edited by Shady

Guest FrantiC

How'd you tint the high beams?

Yeah your best to cut that rust patch out and abit around it then weld a new bit in.

I just sprayed them on the inside after removing the lens. Havent got any bulbs for it (unless I swap the lowbeams over) to test...might do that tonight and see how bright they are.

Guest FrantiC

I just sprayed them on the inside after removing the lens. Havent got any bulbs for it (unless I swap the lowbeams over) to test...might do that tonight and see how bright they are.

Dude.... Don't tell me you sprayed the reflector?

If I fail a wof I will just go see Kerry for some normal ones, :lol:

i just got a wof with mine so you should be fine

^ He did. They won't have any beam throw at all. Part of the coolness of the the tinted Hella style headlights is the crosshairs in high beam. There are templates online that you could get made up.

Looks cool Malcolm.

I know! I didnt care. Workshops that do WOFs dont use the headlight testers like VTNZ so they'll just check the lights work & if the bulb lights up, all good. I've never seen a workshop check the quality.

I was meaning the hi-beams fail a WOF...tail lights should be all good.

Edited by Shady

^ He did. They won't have any beam throw at all. Part of the coolness of the the tinted Hella style headlights is the crosshairs in high beam. There are templates online that you could get made up.

Looks cool Malcolm.

I dont have the tools or any metal to make them. And I couldnt be bothered spending a day or more cutting them even if I did get some metal (plastic wont work, just melt) so just painted them. If I do fail a WOF I'll just buy some hibeams off kerry, jam them in, get the WOF then swap back over to the black ones.

I never use my hibeams anyways, so doesnt worry me. If I do get sick of it, I'll just buy new hibeams and then do the crosshairs...easy.

I like your, umm, analog clock.