Sign in to follow this  
Andre3000

Wheel options?

Well i just recently imported some bbs rc090's from germany for my e30 and now i find out that they're not going to clear my brake calipers. This f**ks me off for two reasons, a, it was a huge effort to get them here, and b, wtf am i going to shod my car in now??

So, im looking for a viable option to replace them. It must be a classic looking style 5 wheel or something of similar heritage, and they need to clear 4 pot brembo calipers.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: this also means that i have a set of bbs rc090's 17x8 et20 for sale.

Guest Ari Gold

Talk to me about both :D Actually, I want to be the first with 18" style 5's on an E30 in NZ...

You got a template for your brakes? Will help us out immensely when looking at how much room is behind respective wheel styles.

What brakes Huddy?

Talk to me about both :D Actually, I want to be the first with 18" style 5's on an E30 in NZ...

You got a template for your brakes? Will help us out immensely when looking at how much room is behind respective wheel styles.

What brakes Huddy?

hahaha well these are only 17's sam.

Um no i dnt but they're e46 m3 rotors with biggarsef**koffhuge brembo 4 pot calipers.

i want style 5's soooooooooooooooooo bad :(

I've already got my racing rims :D

i need/want something that suits the era of my car.

Wat about your LM's sam?

Guest Ari Gold

They'd clear for sure, um, lemme have a think, Could do a trial fit on Mon or Tuesday? Need to dig them out of the bat cave.

Why not run a spacer? How badly don't they clear?

Lol yeah well my e30 should be ready by mid next week so anytime after that would be sweet. Umm well i already have to space the rotors off the strut and the wheels would need at least a 10mm spacer to clear the calipers. So im thinking thats alot of spacing going on on an et20 rim.

2g, they need a refurb though, i can put up some pics if you want?

Put up some pics! I was looking at the importing option as I have a few mates in Germany but it still seemed like a lot of hassle and expensive. Would love to see what 2g got you, and if you are in no hurry (yea right) I'm potentially keen...

Dont know if you remember, but a while ago you asked for pics of a white E30 with black style 5s on it. I said to you Ive seen one but couldnt find it, well I came across it again the other day... so here it is http://eurowerks.org/showthread.php?t=3761&page=10

That thread is also a good read on the side, such a great build!