Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

It's baaaack.. And it's time to go..

Don't give up now FrantiC you've spent far too much time/money to not let this work.

You don't want to be defeated by filthy German electronics now do you?

If I was closer I'd be dead keen on helping... Even though I'm not as good as some people, but I'm pretty keen on learning how the hell a Megasquirt works.

Edited by antil33t

I would actually say cut your losses...but you've had some outstanding offers from the Bimmersport community, at least take some of them up on their offers

You have very very smart people like JIB and the SAE boys that no doubt would give help.

We're all pretty useless at electrons - apart from our electrons team. We have a habit of letting the smoke out. :unsure:

I'm not sure I count as smart at all - I'm exceedingly useless at anything other than suspension - where I'm only mildly useless.

That said, if we weren't constantly busy/not sleeping, I'm sure some of the team would lend a hand - especially if there's free food/booze involved.

Edited by JiB

I'm not sure I count as smart at all - I'm exceedingly useless at anything other than suspension - where I'm only mildly useless.

That statement makes you a lot smarter than most.

John, cut your losses if you want but dont expect $4500 for an unfinished motor that doesn't run.

You're about to learn the next hardest thing about muckin around with cars.

That being that you'll be lucky to recover 20 percent of what you put in.

As above. Thats too true. Even if you spend $10G on your engine, you aint gonna get anywhere near half of that, if its not running mint or running at all for that matter. Only time you get what the car is worth, is if its mint & original or rebuilt or such. A car and/or engine is not worth nothing if theres no market for it.

Guest FrantiC

Yeah well obviously no ones keen anyways..

It'd take nothing to get it going again, it's all in the wiring somewhere.. I don't have pateince to work it out. It has been running before. And for a complete m20 2.7 stroker, with the entire turbo setup, I'd think I'd get way more than 20% what I paid for it all, even if I had to split it.

I'll list everything included and how much it costed.

885 head. Full head rebuild, new guides, head skimmed to suit steel headgasket, new valve stem seals, valve seats, cam. $520.

gripforce stage 3 e30 6 puk ceramic clutch and heavy duty pressure plate. $560

Front mount $180.

Piping kit and various joiners $200.

ETA 2.7 bottem end, originally 66,000kms. 10.2 CR pistons. $600

2.5inch full exhaust system with 1 resonator, from turbo back. $500.

Turbo manifold, $450

T3/t4 turbo $460.

Megasquirt ECU, Adapter loom to suit 1.3 motronic plug, IAT sensor, LC1 wideband 02 sensor, m20 variable TPS, GM coil packs $1000

6x Bosch 'ford racing' 450cc injectors, $430

oil fittings, oil feed line, drain, drain fitting welded to sump, adapters etc, $250

Cometic MLS 0.120" $460

Wastegate $150

BOV $100

Turbo flanges, wastegate flanges, welding of flanges to manifold $100.

Gaskets all round $100

ARP headstuds $440

Heaps more like lightened flywheel and stuff, cant think of it all. You would be looking at over $6000 there for the same stuff.

Maybe $4500 is strectching it, but I am open to offers...

p.s im not using any of this to justify I should get what i paid for it. Because I know that it;s a lose situation you won;t get anywhere near what you fork out for the stuff at the time. I do accept that lol so please no rambling on, on prices please. If anyones interested PM me.

I can get it running no doubt, Just the fact my in-car wiring is screwed........

Edited by FrantiC

I hope you are at least keeping the car itself? What engine you going to put in it?

Those prices as parts, dont seem to bad though.

Barely anyone around here knows much about Megasquirt.

I'm gonna pull it all apart, see how bad it is. See if I can fix some of it up.. I mean I can wire up, I always solder / heatshrink my connections etc. My old man is a sparky, though he's not fully clued up on computer type electrics (like the ECU), He can help with the main wiring I guess (He wants me to get rid of the car tbh lol).

If you need help down at component level you could courier to me & i would have a go at replacing any fried components, just pm me.

An engine thats not going is worth sweet FA.

Fix it, If you need any welding supplies etc PM me, That said if anyone needs any welding supplies PM me.

Guest FrantiC

The engine does go. Engine is not the problem, the car wiring is. Various wires in the car are burned out and shorted etc. So going to be a mish to sort it if I do try..... ATM I don't even get startermotor engaging. But the ECU is seems to be working when I turn the key the fuel pump is priming.

I am going to hook it up to the PC tomorrow see if anything is wrong with the ECU, But it seems it's just the ignition wiring at this stage. What caused it, F knows.

Cheers for all the offers guys, I will keep it all in mind and offer something in return oviously.

Chur.

Guest FrantiC

I'm stuck now..

Quoted atleast $1000 at most places to sort through the wiring mess.

There is just too much, I am better off buying a new shell and going that way around it / transplanting all my goods to it.

So does anyone have a spare good nick 4 door shell liying around somewhere ?? I dont care about anything like doors, panels, headlights or anything. I just need a bare e30 shell with nothing but mint wiring and all electrics working inside. Including a working speedo.

Manual or auto don't really care. If anyone can hook me up flick me a PM.

Yo - text my mate Mark.

Say your Matt's mate and that your interested in his 4 door shell.

You should be able to work something out no doubt.

Cheers,

Matt

Do It. Get a new shell. Bound to be someone out there with one. If not, then get a cheap POS thats all banged up & swap everything over.

You wont regret it. :D

Barely anyone around here knows much about Megasquirt.

I'm gonna pull it all apart, see how bad it is. See if I can fix some of it up.. I mean I can wire up, I always solder / heatshrink my connections etc. My old man is a sparky, though he's not fully clued up on computer type electrics (like the ECU), He can help with the main wiring I guess (He wants me to get rid of the car tbh lol).

I can provide some experience with MS and wiring.

My setup is very similar to yours.

But would be good to have the car here in akl...

urgently chasing new radiator in napier (e30 84' 323i)(after breakdown). please call if you can help. 02102760421