Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrantiC

It's baaaack.. And it's time to go..

Guest FrantiC

E30's back in my hands after sitting in impound for 28days.

Car no longer wanted to run properly, I guess cos it was sitting for so long (running on 5 cylinders then 4 then fine then up and down scenario on the way home).. I changed in a new cluster and the dash started smoking up so I am fully not interested in checking it out and fixing this up anymore. I have dumped far too much money into this and it's cost me my licence so it must all go.

The e30 is in a real crap state now, I plan on keeping the m-tech2 kit, LSD and a few other bits. But everything else must go..

2.7L m20 turbo motor and setup.

$4500 and you can have it..

This includes all electrics, motor, exhaust, intake and charge pipes etc. Even the washer bottle if you want it (as stock one doesn't fit in with turbo in the way, So i found one that fits in behind the headlights). Brand new 6puk clutch and heavy duty plate, fresh resurfaced and lightend flywheel, brand new 450cc bosch injectors, brand new MLS headgasket etc.

Door panels.. 4 door type. Interior and interior pieces (grey cloth seats etc).

Shaved boot lid $50

rear subframe, had new bushes about a year ago, car only got driven like 3000kms tops and has been sitting for about 8 months now. rear trail arms and axles. $180, complete disc rear end. 320i.

You name it, it's going so please don't hesitate to ask and make an offer.. Could be keen on offers for the car, As of now the tech2 kit and LSD are not for sale. So the e30 shell can be sold with all driveline minus the diff.

Has 2 weeks left to get a cert. Don't think i can make it. Lost intrest, have new plans for something else. :ph34r:

Manual gear knob lol?

We like more cams and more turbo.

Your blaming the car for being in the position your now in . Its not the car. Don't allow yourself to be defeated by your own negative attitude. Its not the car.. its you... and its all apart of learning. Put the car in the garage and reflect on everything that has happened. You've put alot of effort into this project, and now your letting it get the better of you because you did something silly. Learn from it... but dont let the learning curve defeat you. Take a break... map things out, make a plan, and a financial plan.. and do it... but for gods sake ...LEARN FROM THIS LIFE EXPERIENCE... ( I KNOW ) been there..done that... but I wont go into that.

Guest FrantiC

Your blaming the car for being in the position your now in . Its not the car. Don't allow yourself to be defeated by your own negative attitude. Its not the car.. its you... and its all apart of learning. Put the car in the garage and reflect on everything that has happened. You've put alot of effort into this project, and now your letting it get the better of you because you did something silly. Learn from it... but dont let the learning curve defeat you. Take a break... map things out, make a plan, and a financial plan.. and do it... but for gods sake ...LEARN FROM THIS LIFE EXPERIENCE... ( I KNOW ) been there..done that... but I wont go into that.

Nah it's not worth it. No it's not the car's fault it's me and the car. I've had enough. I want a reliable car that looks good and isn't too bad with performance, rather than a car that sits in my garage because it either doesn't go, something news broken or I have no licence.

It's just not right for me to put anymore into this, There is too much wrong, I need to start from a clean slate and take my time next time round.

Clean tidy reliabe car > fast car that rarely goes or runs.

I can understand how you feel at the moment... but your allowing a piece of steel and some wires defeat you.. do it... sell it and then move on... never ever accept defeat.. I dont, and wont... unless its women. Rather work on a car

It's just not right for me to put anymore into this, There is too much wrong, I need to start from a clean slate and take my time next time round.

If you want some help..or want to have a chat... give me a call.. I'll try and help where I can... your call

rather than a car that sits in my garage because it either doesn't go, something news broken or I have no licence.

Clean tidy reliabe car > fast car that rarely goes or runs.

clean slate = sh*t load more time..

you would need to get a NEW car to have no problems with it and even then thats not a given.

Look at Apex's wagon... it wasn't "worked" very much, but how much has HAD to be spent on the suspension as it needed replacement?

It's all teething problems. My 205 is the same... fix something only to find 4 other things wrong... I missed many a self-imposed deadline for a certain race because we found even more problems when we where fixing other things. These things where not performance related issues.

Have a good look at the posts recently and coming up... How many of then are, i have this noise, it's doing this, help my car is broken... How many of them are performance modified versions....

Once you get it sorted it will not give you many problems. Sure it will take some more time and no doubt some more money, but how much are you going to loose on selling up??? how much are you going to spend on a replacement car??? what problems are you then going to have to fix??? How much do you need to spend on the new car to get it running properly???

The saying of Devil you know really comes in here...

there is nothing saying the car will not be reliable once the teething problems are sorted...

If you want some help..or want to have a chat... give me a call.. I'll try and help where I can... your call

Maybe slap her on a trailer, bring some beers, and get the Auckland crews to come and provide some spanner, diag. time...

Exactly.. my Ti owes me $25,000 for car & parts only... not including labour. I get into it every day..drive it & drive it home.. go to events.. put petrol in it...clean it... service it.. and f**k all happens to give me grief. Except I have the saggy nickers headliner problem which is next on the list

Maybe slap her on a trailer, bring some beers, and get the Auckland crews to come and provide some spanner, diag. time...

John,

I was telling Simon the other day how much I admire the young guys like yourself who have the skills & determination to achieve what you do on limited budgets.

If DRTDVLs idea could be organised & you were keen I'd be happy to organise a trailer & tow wagon(something styly) & drag you up to Ak for a weekend of restorative maintainence.

Such an awesome project, good luck with the sale John.

Take a break... map things out, make a plan, and a financial plan.. and do it...

I'd say thats what he is doing and what he's done. Fair call, priorities change.

Hey dude, I agree with both arguments out there, but since you've lost your license, I reckon it'll be a good chance for you to fix her up and get it going before your allowed to drive again.

It'll be a good goal.

John,

I was telling Simon the other day how much I admire the young guys like yourself who have the skills & determination to achieve what you do on limited budgets.

If DRTDVLs idea could be organised & you were keen I'd be happy to organise a trailer & tow wagon(something styly) & drag you up to Ak for a weekend of restorative maintainence.

Now that's an offer that would be hard not to accept john, thumbs up to you Mark.

John, i know you probably feel dejected 'bout ya car at the mo' but i agree with the view of some others and think you should keep it and formulate a plan. Get yourself a cheap reliable DD.

My 2c ;)

i got a 96 406 1.9 diesel for 3 grand... 66ltr gas got me 960km...

plus it can tow the 205 on a braked trailer, and has a massive boot for parts haulage!

i got a 96 406 1.9 diesel for 3 grand... 66ltr gas got me 960km...

plus it can tow the 205 on a braked trailer, and has a massive boot for parts haulage!

You and your Pugeots makes me want to get a Puegot for another vehicle.

thats because french cars rock...

Apex is now finding this out!

i got a car hoist in the garage that might come in handy :ph34r:

I will supply a car to go round and round Marty's paddock in circles, next to the shed with the hoist that will have your car on it with lots of strange south aucklanders underneith it poking and probing it with multimeters and soldering irons.

YOU CAN DO EEET!!!

bring beer..

Guest FrantiC

Nah theres not much left in it for me.. TBH I have had a gutsful of the whole not starting, rough start etc issues. it's just too finicky and fails. I think the Electrics and ECU are the only thing wrong. If I had a LINK in there I'd be sweet I reckon..

But times change, plans change, my circumstances change, I can't continue this any longer it's just burying me furthur into debt.

These guys are offering some outstanding offers to help, maybe just do it for the weekend and see if you can get her up and running. If not well yeah then maybe think about selling it.

It would be such a shame to sell it when its so close!

think of it this way.

Your going to loose alot more by selling it than by keeping it.

Scenario1. Put it in the garage, theres no rush to get it done... just take your time and play with it when you want, spend a little more munny get it running, get through the teething problems and you will have a really nice car that is reliable. When someone asks you what you have done with all your time and money from the last few years you can show them. If you dont want to loose your liscence dont drive it everyday, take it out on a nice sunny sunday every now and then. You dont have to make it a daily driver to appreciate the work you have done.

Scenario 2. Get annoyed that its not finished yet, sell it, loose $$$$$$$$$$ and all the time you have put into it.

6 months later kick yourself a few times because you wish you hadn't sold it. Mabey get another project which means lots more money and your back at square one with it, and believe me you will get peed of with this one too and want to sell it. And then once you have sold it what do you have to show for everything youve done? You cant say that you finished it and got bored because you never finished it.. you cant take them to the garage and show them all your work because you sold it. you cant say that you sold it because you where putting your money into something like house because your not your considering another project. So all you will have is a few pictures and memorys. (personaly i wouldnt like to spend hundereds of hours and thousands of dollars to have a few pictures.)

Anyway i could go on with that for hours but you get my drift. if you sell it you will have nothing. if you keep it you will have something to show for your efforts.

TRUST ME, I have been through exactly the same thing when i lost my liscence

Edited by sydwayz e30

Guest FrantiC

I just looked at it now...

The wiring is dodgy as hell, The connecters to the coilpacks are weak and barely hold together. There are heaps of oil leaks everywhere.

Here is what the car is in need of:

New coil packs, The ones in there are way to finicky, the connectors are too lose and dodgy.

New valve cover, Just realized mine has a massive crack in it. Oil leaking from everywhere, oil filter housing, valve cover, oil pan gasket, rear main seal (dripping from gearbox bellhousing).

Everything needs an extreme clean and tidy up.

Needs a respray, the paint on front fenders and in the engine bay is ruined, deep scratches from the exhaust manifold going in etc.

New bonnet.

I really would like a new ECU, I HATE megasquirt with a passion.. When it goes we are best of friends though..

I would probably pay someone if they were willing to give it a shot and sort the wiring out. It's way too dodgy I probably need to go through and fix it up.... But I definitley need new coil packs...

OK I guess it aint that much.. But still I am no auto sparky and the wiring side of things drives me insane. If someone does want it, I would be keen on offers for parts.. Not separating anything from the motor though, or turbo setup. Can sell special bits like the exhaust manifold and downpipe, throttlebody with blocked off ICV and oil breather holes (idle adjust with the throttle plate screw - heaps of megasquirt guys run it this way saves time trying to hook up a idle valve, and it runs perfectly fine this way too).

Motor stays together though, Since the MLS did a good job of sealing. Lol.

Edited by FrantiC

go buy a link. get you paint sorted get a bonnet get a new valve cover, fix your oil leaks get some coils (if you really need them)

and spend a week at my place with me. il help you sort the wiring. its not hard if you enjoy wiring like me. It just takes a while thats all.