Sign in to follow this  
menaryda

92 E36 325i engine replace

HI, i Got a 92 E36 325i (FF03402) its got either a blown head gasket or cracked head . it has beens tested and doesnt look good with water found in the cylinders

I was wanting to get the engine replaced, and wanted to know if there is anyone out there who would be keen to do the replacment for me cash job... if so let me know and how much?

i found i 93 320i engine with low kms at a good price with loom so was thinking getting that put in (and would want to put in a new water pump and thermostat in at the same time)

if anyones keen let me know.. (the mechanics shops i been to recently dont seem very keen to do it? lol)

cheers,

Dan

LOL sorry ... im in auckland out blockhouse bay, thanks

Edited by menaryda

hey man, gives us your location so then it narrows it down,

i.e. someone in dunedin isn't going to do a swap if your in auckland :D

You might have to count me out too.. too many problems already

how much it cost you to get it done?

um was quite expensive for me... 1.5k for engine + 1k for labour ,but it is still not fixed

when the engine was tested after putting it in, the replacement engine turned out to have a cracked head.

luckily the engine had a warrenty, so now the shop (where i brought the engine from) is replacing the engine and paying for the labour to be put it in

um was quite expensive for me... 1.5k for engine + 1k for labour ,but it is still not fixed

when the engine was tested after putting it in, the replacement engine turned out to have a cracked head.

luckily the engine had a warrenty, so now the shop (where i brought the engine from) is replacing the engine and paying for the labour to be put it in

oh i c haha. was thinking of changing my 320i to a 2.5l but dnt have the money for that yet obviously lol

wow . could have got a "good engine" off me for half that .

and i know garages that would fit for about $500-600

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

wow . could have got a "good engine" off me for half that .

mann i was looking for one for ages but had no luck....

i got a bit impatient, which was my problem i guess