Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

WTF?

So we are allowed to post threads in 'off topic' as long as everyone agrees with it?

But if a couple people don't agree with it then it gets deleted.

Oh well we'll all have to be very carefull 'bout what we post.....or maybe ask mods/admin for permission first :unsure:

Im not going to go into who removed it or why, but I received a number of complaints and although this is an off topic forum there are still some things we arent interested in having on Bimmersport.

If you dont like how the forum is being moderated have a discussion with Andrew, Ollie or Graham.

The rules have always seemed rather ambiguous to me - Don't want to detract from Euro cars, but it is a place to talk about things that don't fit into other categories. Hmm..

Have to admit, the last conspiracy type thread was a bit of a mess.

Im not sure I agree with you Cale, whats ambiguous about....

objectionable material, personal chit chat, Racism, Sexism, Ignorant Comments and Personal attacks are not tolerated.

Possibly the definition of 'objectionable' but the rest of it is pretty clear cut as I read it. This is probably the most relevant point....

We still want good discussions in here

But past experience tells us the thread in question wouldnt have ended up being a discussion. They usually end up with people taking the pi$$ and winding other people up and the almost always end up in pointless arguments.

Dont forget that most of the Admin and Mods have been around since BS was started and weve seen it all before. Sometimes it better to nip it in the bud at the start than spend the time trying to keep it reasonable.

[e] typo

Edited by Penry

But past experience tells us the thread in question wouldnt have ended up being a discussion. They usually end up with people taking the pi$$ and winding other people up and the almost always end up in pointless arguments.

[e] typo

This is correct. It happens on every forum. Just ends up being the gullible vs the logical. Go to Gpforums and find the post in their Politics and Religion area. Don't expect to get anything from it though.

And for the record, I deleted the thread, for the exact reasons highlighted by Martyn, and Dan.

Six years of participation on here have taught me what goes well, and what turns into a big unholy mess!

Unfortunately this was going to be the latter.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I understand some people arent mature enough to deal with some stuff..

But closing the thread wouldve been better than deleting..

I was trying to point out that the EU are going to start taxing countries on Carbon Emissions which indirectly will make owning a car even more expensive than t already is, as the tax will be passed straight on to us.

If you watched any of the vids basically the CO2 level rises are bullshit. 30000 scientists saying so cant be a conspiracy. Oh yeah and the founder of Greenpeace who quit cos its a load of ......

anyway whatever

just wait for the carbon taxes guys

Edited by shaneg

Guest FrantiC

That's life?

Continually finding new ways to screw us over since the beginning of time..

man this brings back some good memories of the old times... forum wars were golden then. what happened this place used to be cool man

I understand some people arent mature enough to deal with some stuff..

But closing the thread wouldve been better than deleting..

I was trying to point out that the EU are going to start taxing countries on Carbon Emissions which indirectly will make owning a car even more expensive than t already is, as the tax will be passed straight on to us.

If you watched any of the vids basically the CO2 level rises are bullshit. 30000 scientists saying so cant be a conspiracy. Oh yeah and the founder of Greenpeace who quit cos its a load of ......

anyway whatever

just wait for the carbon taxes guys

See this is good stuff for off-topic.

My question is: When we *finally* work out the climate change is part of life and NOT CO2 - can I apply to get my carbon taxes back?

Didn't think so....

I had a very interesting discussion with a person high up in Greenpeace - and he told me that they were making good money on whales etc for quite a long time. Play a "save the whales" ad on TV - phones start ringing with donations.

That started to dry up a little, so they changed strategy to climate change. Now they have their revenues back to where they need to be. No bull. He used the words "changed strategy" - just like a business...

Fair to say I was gobsmacked - but looking back, it does make sense - they need to feed their families too.

Edited by mrad01

man this brings back some good memories of the old times... forum wars were golden then. what happened this place used to be cool man

Best mod eva

I'd like to know how does giving money to greepeace help whales and the climate? what do they do with it?

And the 'carbon offset' that airlines charge, do they really plant trees with they money?

Apparently 85000 trees will be planted over 3 years, what if no one pays the tax, will they still plant it? and if everyone pays, do they keep the profits if they exceed the amount itt cost to do it?

Here is some info on airnz here they use the money net after tax for the trees. and apparently there is a 'market price' for carbon credits.

Each country has to pay a 'carbon tax' via the kyoto protocol, depending on how much co2 we produce, to a central union, but god knows what they do with the money.. and the u.s isnt a part of it as they produce too much

Green = Signed and agreed

Grey = undecided

Red = No intention of signing

post-4350-1255810813.png

Edited by shaneg