Sign in to follow this  
NathanG

Hey there!

Hey there to everyone new here never owned a bmw but always loved them since i was a child my ol man owned heaps of them so i grew up with them

planning on gettn a e30 and dropping in a rb or sr

so any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers!

:D

Welcome! :D

welcome!

dropping in an rb would be so mint, was going to do this with mine, but saw how little room there would be in the engine bay with it in it lol, so am going with the 4g63t instead

good luck, and welcome again

welcome!

dropping in an rb would be so mint, was going to do this with mine, but saw how little room there would be in the engine bay with it in it lol, so am going with the 4g63t instead

good luck, and welcome again

Hey everyone thanks!

does anyone know anyone who i can possibly buy engine and/or gearbox mounts from for sr's and rb's?

engine mounts you will need to get welded up, best get a shop to mount the engine for you

Welcome, make sure you make a project thread :)

Edited by Sammy J

engine mounts you will need to get welded up, best get a shop to mount the engine for you

well the plan is to get the rb block mounted to a rb gearbox and then get it on a crane and sit it in the engine bay, then pay a engineer to measure up and fabricate the mounts for both engine and gbox and get them fabbed up so more people can start doing this conversion. also same with the sr20's also

Edited by scud

well the plan is to get the rb block mounted to a rb gearbox and then get it on a crane and sit it in the engine bay, then pay a engineer to measure up and fabricate the mounts for both engine and gbox and get them fabbed up so more people can start doing this conversion. also same with the sr20's also

good call, just with rbs u need to make sure you have enough room. mate of mine (friend of a friend) put a rb30det in his e30, he has like a cm between engine and fire wall, and same again between radiator and engine. and the radiator is a very very thin one. cant remember what it was from, also u will need to move the brake booster too, as it may get in the way of the turbo and the turbo and manifold may boil the brake fluid

good call, just with rbs u need to make sure you have enough room. mate of mine (friend of a friend) put a rb30det in his e30, he has like a cm between engine and fire wall, and same again between radiator and engine. and the radiator is a very very thin one. cant remember what it was from, also u will need to move the brake booster too, as it may get in the way of the turbo and the turbo and manifold may boil the brake fluid

cheers for the info and reply could you point me in the right direction of whom i might buy the mounts of if anyone has some from previous conversions?