Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

E36 318is Cooling issue

I noticed, hopefully not too late.. A hissing sound comming from my car after its warmed up and had a drive.

I noticed a bit of steam and upon actually opening the bonnet and having a look I saw wat appeared to be the bleeder valve on the radiator open so I filled it up and let the air out and when to tighten the screw and found it was snapped off with half of it still in there but there is a hole in it.

I turned the car on and gave it a few light taps in the accelerator and noticed a stream of coolant comming. So I obviously need a new screw. But the question is, how do I get out the screw thats currently stuck in there?

Also just to save stealing someones elses car is it possible to plug it with something tempoarily just until I get the new screw?

Cheers guys

post-29-1256004274.png

Carefully drill a small hole in it about 10mm down into it (dead centre) with a 3 mm drill bit and get it out with an easy out or you'll end up needing a new radiator. Youll need a new bleed screw.. common problem..they break

Edited by *Glenn*

Easy Out= I've got a headache :D

Seriously..its a stud extracter. If you try pluging it up I'm sure you'll do some damage

sometimes you can put a small sharp screwdriver into the broken off treaded bolt and just turn it