Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

calling all event organiser pros.

Hey guys.

Was just reading through the Hamilton Night e30 pics thread.

I have an idea of a big nationwide meet up, maby a weekend in taupo or something or a couple of days over newyears?

I want to organise a big meet up but cant do it alone, so if anyone has some ideas about how to do this please either pm me or post up here,

Sorry it should have been in the meeting topic but i dont think it applies to any paticular region,

Come on guys help me make this work,

Cheers

Oli

Weekend of Jan 26th

At Taupo.. Monday me and a few of the guys have a track day, so will be m3's, 135i, 540is, Saff, RS4, GTR's etc...

WIll be making a w.e of it.. beats the rotary nats :P

Edited by KSMYRS

Keen for a meet.

Any spots available at Taupo race track?

Sweet. If there are spots available im in.

My Brother manages a Bar down there, could ask what kind of deal he could do a big group of us.

As for organising an event, just set a date and hype it up, if you book they will come.

Don't forget The annual Auckland Anniversary day cruise, which next year will be on 1st. Feb.

Could this event clash a bit with the cruise as they are only a week apart?

Im sure most of the Aucklander won’t go to Taupo anyway, a local bar is too far for most! Couldn’t see it as a problem.

Make a post there showing your interest Apex, spaces are limited but a few people have pulled out. Get in quick if you're keen.

I'd love to come but i don't think i'd have the cambelt changed by then... pity... i want to see George's lotus on track

Make a post there showing your interest Apex, spaces are limited but a few people have pulled out. Get in quick if you're keen.

Already have, thanks for the heads up.

I'd love to come but i don't think i'd have the cambelt changed by then... pity... i want to see George's lotus on track

Id say 75% the reason I am going is to see the sexige in action.

Lol at saying you can’t come, you say you can’t come in every event, they need voluntaries though, you could come with me if I get a chance to go, will find us some free accommodation. Road tripin.

Lol at saying you can’t come, you say you can’t come in every event, they need voluntaries though, you could come with me if I get a chance to go, will find us some free accommodation. Road tripin.

Sorted then... i'll arrange time off work!

haha marshelled the first 3 trackdays i went to!

Edited by DRTDVL

This has already been discussed a few times.

If you want an example of a good mega meet from a car club I can get you all the details from the Nissan Silvia Car clubs Taupo meet. It was huge. We also hired the track for the day. Went paintballing and 4wd motorbiking. Had a cruise to Rotorua for the luge. Most of us stayed in the top ten holiday park not far from the track.

Was a 3 day event.

Posted Image

We even had our own little show and shine on the main road of Taupo that was organised with the Council.

It was a massive amount of work though.

But I would love to be involved with a BMW Mega meet. I think the numbers would be huge. SNZ had members come from all over NZ for it.

this sounds like a good idea, those who want to could marshal, race, and everyone could have a good weekend of watching motorsport and drinking boose.

what would be the ideal amount of time to stay up there for most people? arive sat morning leave sunday night kind of thing? we could also check out other things in taupo ie the huka falls, i think thats what its called anyway.

This has already been discussed a few times.

If you want an example of a good mega meet from a car club I can get you all the details from the Nissan Silvia Car clubs Taupo meet. It was huge. We also hired the track for the day. Went paintballing and 4wd motorbiking. Had a cruise to Rotorua for the luge. Most of us stayed in the top ten holiday park not far from the track.

Was a 3 day event.

Posted Image

We even had our own little show and shine on the main road of Taupo that was organised with the Council.

It was a massive amount of work though.

But I would love to be involved with a BMW Mega meet. I think the numbers would be huge. SNZ had members come from all over NZ for it.

i like the sounds of this, any more info on how they went about setting it up? costs etc?

Toyspeed does a mean megameet

Does Chelles arrange that? She's the bee's knee's at event management...

Well we had around 60 odd Silvias over the weekend. And thats just a one make event. Was just for Silvia's.

Everything was discounted due to having a group. Including the Top 10 holiday park. No idea on costs but we held the track day on a Monday so that it was much much cheaper. It was also a dual Grip and Drift day. Which took a bit to organise.

Being an MSNZ club made the track side of things much easier. SNZ is also a non profit organisation. You might be best to approach the NZ BMW club as I think Bimmersport is just a forum.

I am surprised there is no large BMW meets. Seems to be enough enthusiasts.

Does Chelles arrange that? She's the bee's knee's at event management...

She is a bit of Nazi at track days though.

I would be very keen. but what did you have in mind for a rough outline of the event? this would probably have an impact on the numbers you get.Such as if there is a lot of drinking and partying for a group of enthusiasts you may get just the younger ones.But if you were thinking of all models some track stuff show and shine with category placings.Maybe inviting company's to have stalls beemer parts maybe boot sales. That would take more time to organize and plan than new year, maybe to late. Autumn might work but could be a rush.It all depends what type of meeting you were looking for. Bimmerflex has just had a big meeting in England recently these are getting really popular is that along the lines you were looking at or more the first type I mentioned .The latest"Performance BMW" mag sept, would give you an idea. your call

imo it would have to be an event that caters for everyone. track day, show n shine, the whole boot sale and company stools, something like paintball or gokarting for those who would be interested, those who would want could go into town on one of the nights, something like the silvia club with the shownshine on the main road.

Something that everyone could come to and have a good time, but we will have to determine what is doable.

Trackday is monday??

There's a decent place where we could get accom for circa 20-30 people as long as some don't mind the sex pit/small ass rooms with lots of beds..

Im thinking head down saturday come back tuesday but whatever, its just an idea... It wouldn't be a 'bimmersport' track-day as such (although most of the badass cars will be BMW). Anniversary cruise is a killer.. (literally) I'm all for other ideas but this seems convenient, well placed date, and the majority of members the meet would be central NI..

Graham, the bar thing sounds good... If you are going to attend the GP trackday anyway it might be a good idea to see what you can sort as most of the GP guys would be keen as beans on a cheap bar piss up and after drinks at the motel.. Sat night would suit this as i don't know how well hangovers would improve out track times :P

Perhaps start a thread saying....... Trackday/weekend meet in Taupo... Start a poll to gather interest and go from there? I'm all for putting my hand up to organise this and am quite keen to make it and epic meet... Drag some southerners up and have a mighty fine time..

Thoughts?

Wont be cheap piss but he will be able to hook us with first one free with a discounted meal, its a bar called Plato and its bloody good value, have been there the last few trackdays for after drinks.

I think the mods should get behind this, make it a successful Bimmersport meeting, was talking to Chris today and he mentioned how massive the 2008 Anzac weekend cruise was, as it was properly advertised and made a done deal 3 months before event, so everyone could book in and put in some effort.

Most people I have spoken to on Bimmersport about events have always been keen for a big one, but have lost interest as not many have turned up.

Taupo is a pretty central place in the North Island, maybe more central than Auckland, as it automatically opens up the door to Wellington, Hawkes Bay and New Plymouth members who can't seem to arrange time off in time, or can't be assed to drive so far.

My thumbs up for this idea.

Edited by MS BM