Sign in to follow this  
paulieboi

my e30

well this is my project so far from when i got it for $350 so far i have......

changed the wheels over

got tanned leather interior

hella shadowed dip lights

red tail lights

sprayed the door cards to match interior

and lowered it bout 30mm

new headunit

still got to do a full engine conversion, but i thought i may aswell put up some pics of how its going so you all know what ive done so far on my very limited budget.

anyway cheers.

edit sorry bout the photos everyone my mistake updated

[e] Paulie, can you please resize your photos to 800x600 before posting them....cheers

post-4477-1257189732.jpg

post-4477-1257189746.jpg

post-4477-1257189756.jpg

post-4477-1257189764.jpg

post-4477-1257189773.jpg

post-4477-1257189782.jpg

post-4477-1257189791.jpg

post-4477-1257189800.jpg

post-4477-1257189810.jpg

post-4477-1257189819.jpg

post-4477-1257189830.jpg

Edited by paulie

Not bad Paul. Not much to go now. Just need to fill those indents from the stripes & fill the hole in the front (vent & blank) and then paint it :) Will look mad.

Lowered 30mm? Thats 1.4" - Im sure its lower than that? Im sure mine dropped at least 2 maybe 2.5" and its on 14s. But either way, looks way better than standard height :D

getting there man shame you didint have it ready for the photo shoot , have you sorted a engine or head gasket ?

If people keep doing this, E30s will never die :lol: --- "evil laugh"

If people keep doing this, E30s will never die :lol: --- "evil laugh"

parts will soon run out just like the e21's did and the old kingswoods! they will be a collectors item one day soon.

yea for now just saving my pennies so rather then an engine upgrade im just goin to swap for another 318 engine and get it on the road, save up some more and in time go for an upgrade, through mark (mark247) his mate getting rid of 1 for $350 (everything i need just to drop the engine in) with a cluth and flywheel for when i swith to manual.

looking at hopfully doing it this weekend if anyone in the hamilton area is keen to come along and lend a hand, or just see how its going flick me a text on 027 427 3795 and ill keep you updated

Edited by paulie

yea for now just saving my pennies so rather then an engine upgrade im just goin to swap for another 318 engine and get it on the road, save up some more and in time go for an upgrade, through mark (mark247) his mate getting rid of 1 for $350 (everything i need just to drop the engine in) with a cluth and flywheel for when i swith to manual.

looking at hopfully doing it this weekend if anyone in the hamilton area is keen to come along and lend a hand, or just see how its going flick me a text on 027 427 3795 and ill keep you updated

So you have talked to Alex? Has he taken it out of his car yet?

Also, are you planning on deleting the door trim? Just get some new ones man, it's going to look a bit goof without them, nothing will be breaking the paint. When I look at an e30 i kinda see it as the bumpers starting to line going down the side of the car and the door trims keeping the line going.. i dont know if you get what i mean but I think door without door trim are going to look a bit out of place with black bumpers

Edited by Mark247

So you have talked to Alex?Also, are you planning on deleting the door trim?

yea talked to alex, he said hed try get it out for the weekend then i could go pick it up, but hell keep me informed, see what happens with that. with the door trim im debating it in my head lil, thinking off what i can and cant do, ive got the trims sitting at home (from what i remember they are in good nik) but im holding off until i get pricings or whatever because im keen to keep on track with my oringinal design with the flat panel.....maybe a photoshop job if anyones keen, give me an idea of what itll look like with a flat panel?

I see what Mark is meaning. But there is 3 options. 1-Flat. 2- Strips on. 3- Bodykit.

So 'eeny meeny miney moe' :lol: Either way, it will look good Paul. Everyone has their own ideas on whats good & whats not, cant please everyone :) but if you like it then all good. Hope to come see it soon, get my Licence back in 4 weeks so I'll come for a cruise over, see how its going. (dont really wanna bus it over or bike over :lol:)

Edited by Shady

f**k what other people think, its your car isnt it?

haha yea i know im still going for the flat sides cause thats what i originally wanted, just sussing ideas for it.

lol no need to tell me to follow my own style got a that time of the month red e36 with camo down the side and a black bonnet lol

now thats ftmfw lol

If you take the door trims off and someone opens thier door on you in a carpark your paints goin to get munted

If you take the door trims off and someone opens thier door on you in a carpark your paints goin to get munted

yea that was the 1st thing i heard back about having flat panels, gues ill just havta be 1 of those people that drive around the whole carpark all day just to find the 2 most xpensive cars to park between just so i don't get a noob that dosnt care wrecking the paintwork, but if im going to be like that i may aswell just not drive incase the noob behind me is texting without insurance plows into the backside of me and says it was my fault for stopping to suddenly if i didn't have a witness lol

No matter how careful we are, theres always some idiot out there who will f--k up your day. No matter what you do... :(

haha i know thats why fk it lol sh*t happens and ill deal with it when it happens.

btw i used the crash b4 because im an insurance broker and that happens, a noob came up texting nose to tail, that car did the same, the car it hit did the same etc you get the grasp of it.....anyway 6 car pile up the unisured that hit the 1st car blamed the car at the very front because they didnt go?!?!?! idiot took months anywho there will always be some idiot that causes a problem and points the finger <_< ..............

i might just take the time and park between 2 expensive cars ;)

That's retarded, just keep your door trims it looks cool with the black rims and black trim. Black everything tbh.

Any updates Paul?

the car is quite obviously sold man

Edited by bmw3

First I heard of it. Oh well...