Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Handsfree...what to buy ?

As a few might know on here, I'm driving different cars at different times, and with the new phone laws I need something to keep in touch. I don't want anything hanging round my neck or stuck in my ears and it needs to be quickly moved from car to car..any suggestion ???

What are your thoughts on these ?

post-1129-1257258780.jpg

target had a big spurl on them a couple of weeks ago , from memory the blueant was the good one?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if these things start going up in price atm. Stores will try milk it for all it's worth.

The Blueant was the better one I think? the uniden looks easier to use though.

It was the Uniden one that came out on top. I had already got one and find it pretty good for the price.

Alex.

My Partners work has put the uniden unit in all there work cars, we were in hers last night and she took a few calls. Seemed to work fine. She finds it easy to use

I was looking at the parrot first. Ended up with a Navman S200. May as well get a GPS and Bluetooth integration for the same kinda price. The Bluetooth works well in it.

I was looking at the parrot first. Ended up with a Navman S200. May as well get a GPS and Bluetooth integration for the same kinda price. The Bluetooth works well in it.

those gps unit have remove frome the car while you park.some bugger will brake your windows.that is not good country leave your car save at all.

That's my worry with my radar detector, I remove it.. but the small metal bracket and power cable remain.

I always lock my car at petrol stations too :D

I have heard great things about the Parrot handsfree car kits. My bro and a few mate have them, not sure what model but the sound quality is fantastic! Thats where ill be looking when I come round to finally getting one.

http://www.parrot.net.nz/index.html

We sell them at work, Blueant was a good option until Uniden released there model. We would sell 10 unidens to 1 blueant, uniden has good reviews. Looks nicer with the screen too.

blue ant is good.

But I've tried the parrot - this one - http://www.parrot.net.nz/pmks.html

and it was really good, syncs with your contacts so you call with voice command and it's speech recognition works really well - retailing for approx $160 at vodafone stores.

It's really simple and easy to use and just clips onto your sun visor - it's cordless and you can charge it from USB or cigarette lighter. It plugged it in, connected my phone and i was handsfree calling in 2 minutes.

That'd be my pick for you Glenn

The uniden one looks good. Anybody used one though?

I like being able to connect up two phones at once. Work phone and personal so this is a nice feature for me

The uniden one looks good. Anybody used one though?

I like being able to connect up two phones at once. Work phone and personal so this is a nice feature for me

what happens when you are on a call and you get a call on the other phone?

By the looks of things once its in use with one phone you can use the other. If the other rings its as if its not paired at all. This is just from reading, not experience lol

Very rare for both to go at the same time haha. Am keen to get one by the time summer really rolls around and I start to use the car more

I've decided to go with the Uniden one... one good thing...it's free with my reward points. Once I get it I'll post up how I find it...be about 7-10 days

If you need to swap between cars then a visor mounted one is really your best option and the Uniden seemed to rate well.

If you don't need to swap, get a hard wired kit. 100 times better and you can still use the visor. Sure you have to install it but I think most people on this site should be able to do it. If you've ever installed a car stereo you can easily do a bluetooth kit.

There are a few new and second hand kits on trademe at the mo.

Guest Ari Gold

The old man runs a parrot, its pretty damned awesome from what I've seen so far

+1 one for the parrots. Work vehicle had a hard wired one, played music from cellphone too though quality for that was crap, not sure if that was phone or parrot kit though

I only use ear piece only. Never a fan of the visor version as I get in and out of the car a lot then either the phone spend a lot of battery power re-sync the connection or it won't reconnect automatically when I am back in the car.

Choosing an ear piece version is tricky but the only way is trial and error. Took me 4 pairs to get to what I've got now. Plantronics Discovery 925 - Truely happy with it performance and comfort.

Got my Uniden BTSC1500 today, same one in the picture in my original post. Charged it, paired it and I'm wraped... so easy to use. No wires and no fuss. Clips on a sun visor and is quickly swapped from car to car. Probably will only need to charge it once a fortnight

Edited by *Glenn*