Sign in to follow this  
james0202

WOF/OBC problems e36

Apparently there is a 'new regulation' for WOF and one of them is that you cant ignore the warning messages in the OBC. The right side did not have any power for brake lights so I cut that off and hooked it up to the left. The problem is solved but now the other problem is that OBC will throw messages at me forever. This dumb mechanic thinks chucking the factory ones will fix the problem but I know that is not the case. Is there a way to unhook the OBC (just the OBC not the clock) temporarily?

Apparently there is a 'new regulation' for WOF and one of them is that you cant ignore the warning messages in the OBC. The right side did not have any power for brake lights so I cut that off and hooked it up to the left. The problem is solved but now the other problem is that OBC will throw messages at me forever. This dumb mechanic thinks chucking the factory ones will fix the problem but I know that is not the case. Is there a way to unhook the OBC (just the OBC not the clock) temporarily?

Why don't you fix the fault instead of trying to hide the warning messages?

"The problem is solved"

No it is not. it is simply masked, but not solved.

Imagine on a Jumbo Jet:

"Captain, the Number 1 is on fire"

"That's OK CoPilot, just take the bulb out of the warning light"

Edited by jochen

Why don't you fix the fault instead of trying to hide the warning messages?

"The problem is solved"

No it is not. it is simply masked, but not solved.

Imagine on a Jumbo Jet:

"Captain, the Number 1 is on fire"

"That's OK CoPilot, just take the bulb out of the warning light"

hehehe sort of reminds me of a Simpson episode where they are driving along and lisa say's dad whys the engine light on and he replys cause the tapes fallen off doh

Pull the plug out the back of it

I don't really understand safety related warning features in my car so I'd suggest "Pull the plug out the back of it"

:wacko: Fixed