Sign in to follow this  
johnmalia

UK SatNav to New Zealand

Hi Folks, New to the forum so this may have been discussed many times. Importing from the UK a September 2008 E60 530d M Sport end December 09. Its fitted with media pack including SatNav Pro with a UK DVD installed. Can anyone advise how to go about getting this system compatible with NZ Nav?? Approximate costs?

Any answers welcome. Thanks. John

Any answers.. Maybe call BMW and ask.

Our old E60 just ran a DVD in the dash with relative maps on it, I assume you will just need to buy the NZ Maps DVD and slot it in, any more than that would be simply unlocking a code in the cars computer to gain access with BMW would be able to do.

Good luck.

Also, good choice of car, how easy is it to bring one in and did it work out economical?? They have some very nicely specified cars in the UK, I have been looking at the E60 550i and 535i with a Manual gearbox.

Hi Folks, New to the forum so this may have been discussed many times. Importing from the UK a September 2008 E60 530d M Sport end December 09. Its fitted with media pack including SatNav Pro with a UK DVD installed. Can anyone advise how to go about getting this system compatible with NZ Nav?? Approximate costs?

Any answers welcome. Thanks. John

It's the identical system to NZ-new, just inser the NZ map disc.

Costs: 2x the UK price for a map disc from the dealer.

UK map = all of Europe

NZ map = just NZ, but double the price... go figure...

Any answers.. Maybe call BMW and ask.

Our old E60 just ran a DVD in the dash with relative maps on it, I assume you will just need to buy the NZ Maps DVD and slot it in, any more than that would be simply unlocking a code in the cars computer to gain access with BMW would be able to do.

Good luck.

Also, good choice of car, how easy is it to bring one in and did it work out economical?? They have some very nicely specified cars in the UK, I have been looking at the E60 550i and 535i with a Manual gearbox.

There is a very good selection to choose from in the UK.

You can buy a very well specced BMW Approved 530d M Sport, (Nav, Bluetooth, leather, 19" Alloys, Sport Auto with paddles, Visibility package etc etc) late 2008 from a BMW dealer for around 27000 pounds sterling. Add on 2200 Pounds for shipping and insurance. This is the value for GST. In this case, value for GST is NZ$64000! Add GST of NZ$8000 plus handling charges and Certification with a years ticket of around NZ$3000. Total of NZ$75000 for a September 2008 car. If its Diesel, you need a letter from BMW NZ to say emmission complies with EURO4 which will cost another NZ$500, Plus Sat Nav DVD, say around 6 to 800 dollars. All up say NZ$76500. Importing is straight forward, and its the strength of the NZ dollar which makes this a fair buy. My particular car had NZ$18000 worth of extras. Manual gearbox will be around NZ$3000 to $5000 cheaper. Importing is straight forward if you follow the right steps. Hope this helps.

I can do one for $565.37 incl Gst (genuine)

Hi Glenn. Car not here till End December plus clearance. Give me your phone number and will give you a call nearer the time it that suits. Tks

There is a very good selection to choose from in the UK.

You can buy a very well specced BMW Approved 530d M Sport, (Nav, Bluetooth, leather, 19" Alloys, Sport Auto with paddles, Visibility package etc etc) late 2008 from a BMW dealer for around 27000 pounds sterling. Add on 2200 Pounds for shipping and insurance. This is the value for GST. In this case, value for GST is NZ$64000! Add GST of NZ$8000 plus handling charges and Certification with a years ticket of around NZ$3000. Total of NZ$75000 for a September 2008 car. If its Diesel, you need a letter from BMW NZ to say emmission complies with EURO4 which will cost another NZ$500, Plus Sat Nav DVD, say around 6 to 800 dollars. All up say NZ$76500. Importing is straight forward, and its the strength of the NZ dollar which makes this a fair buy. My particular car had NZ$18000 worth of extras. Manual gearbox will be around NZ$3000 to $5000 cheaper. Importing is straight forward if you follow the right steps. Hope this helps.

One other thing. BMW have a 2 year INTERNATIONAL warranty. The car is covered up to its second birthday here in NZ.

One other thing. BMW have a 2 year INTERNATIONAL warranty. The car is covered up to its second birthday here in NZ.

I'm fairly sure that its only covered through the original selling dealer though. Check with BMWNZ.

BTW: Work number is (09) 2722546 Botany Motor Worx Ltd

Thanks for the information John.

What appeals to me is the availability of manual gearbox cars, you would be hard pressed to find any E60 with a Manual here.

Can recommend Glenn, all parts he supplies are OEM but at a reasonable price, all workmanship carried out is above the standard you would expect from a private operation, above what you might expect from a dealership too.

Good luck :)

I'm fairly sure that its only covered through the original selling dealer though. Check with BMWNZ.

Checked with BMW both in UK and NZ and its a worldwide warranty valid any BMW dealer for two years. Have this in writing from both BMW UK and BMW NZ.

Checked with BMW both in UK and NZ and its a worldwide warranty valid any BMW dealer for two years. Have this in writing from both BMW UK and BMW NZ.

Thats great .. I wasnt quite sure how that all worked.. now I know

Thanks Glenn, Will give you a call early January.