Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Lowered or not ?

I was in at our dealership today sorting out a price on getting some work done, They were busy as hell and we were standing in the office and you could see my car out the window. He mentioned something about my car looking like it was lowered in the back but as far as i know nothing has ever been done to it. Looking underneath i can see nothing that has been changed in the way of lowering. Is there any tell tail signs that it has been lowered that i would be able to spot ??. Maybe the springs are starting to sag making it look lowered ??. Standing back and looking at it i can see what he was saying it does look a little lowered or could it just be me. I am not into lowered cars and as far as i know mine is just stock standard. I would prefer to have mine with that slight downhill slant from back to front. The pic in my sig does not really show it as its taken side on and not straight on to the side.

Edited by M-Spec

looks the same as all m-spec to me. All m-spec appear to be lower at the back .I don't think they are physically any lower from front to back.

looks the same as all m-spec to me. All m-spec appear to be lower at the back .I don't think they are physically any lower from front to back.

Thats what i thought, Maybe its just me i think maybe i am starting to see things that are not there because i am looking to hard.

The back of my E36 looked lowered just like your pic and I know for a fact mine wasnt lowered,...wouldn't worry, even if it is lowered its a sensible height.

Rather than speculate simply measure it and you will know- and yes it looks lower in the back than the front should be. but then it could be high in the front ??

Well then there is that, What or were would be the best place to measure and what measurements would i compare them to ??

Just look att the springs, if they say BMW on them its not lowered.

Just look att the springs, if they say BMW on them its not lowered.

Ahhh good point, Will take a wheel off tomorrow and have a look. I am pretty sure its all standard though.

I had read somewhere that the distance in a straight line from the lowest point of a 17inch rim up through the centre of the wheel to the guard lip on a M-spec E36 should be 550mm, -mine checks out.