Sign in to follow this  
sadida20

when your selling

Why when you sell your car does everyone think they can get the hell bargin, or that they dont know the first thing about what they are buying. You advertise it for a certain price but they still try and offer you half..\

i think its just trade me to be honest.

Sorry guys there is my gripe on a friday...

GO the ALL WHITES

It's the "trademe breed".. they always say "Oh I saw one of these go for (half your asking price or something stupid) in better condition last month.

Pot calling the kettle black????

I have no trouble,

Put my corolla on trademe at about 10pm wednesday night this week, someone from ChCh hit the buy now at arond 4pm the next day,

I find if you ask what a car is worth it helps, also helps if the car is ‘rare and sort after’.

Only car I have had trouble selling was a Mitsubishi FTO.

There are also genuinely stupid people trying to sell stuff for 2x what it's worth.

My gripe is just the amount of people that are 'knee' as, but they never show with the cash?

Or ones that want to come for a test drive, and you tell them you are FIRM on a certain price. They say yep, come for a test drive, and they turn into a car expert, say it needs work (it doesn't) and offers you a stupid sum, all the while wasting your gas and time!

I'm going through all this sh*t at the moment. Sell integra sell!

Pot calling the kettle black????

Dunno if that's directed at me or not lol, Can't think of when i've done it? meh maybe wrong, certainly wouldn't be a first :rolleyes: !, was just agreeing with the OP, It's there, some people are just plain rude about it which is what annoys most.

Trademe is a love hate thing, some love some hate

I wish I had an M325i.

Doesn't everyone?

^^^^ It was probably in relation to how many times the OP's m325 has been for sale over the years :D

That and the stories I heard about the OP when he was looking to buy a m325i about 4 years ago.

Its a buyers market mostly.

Nothing wrong with making an offer, Sometimes cheeky lowball offers pay off!

Its a buyers market mostly.

Nothing wrong with making an offer, Sometimes cheeky lowball offers pay off!

Yeah thats true. I got my 328 for probably about half of what its worth.

Ive been on both sides of the fence. I had some stupidly low offers when selling cars but always got my price in the end and it would probably make you cry if I told you what I paid for the 'is'.

Its all part and parcel of selling and buying a car, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I did a bit of buying and selling nothing major bought and sold 5 times in 9 months, sold some cars for top price no haggling, when I thought it would be sale proof, then the one I thought would get snapped up EF Fairmont, no one pissed on the tyre, text with stupid half price offers and wanting to swap it etc, I had some wins and major bloody loses two.

I usually offer what I think the item in question is worth, and my offers are usually accepted too.

Especially if I see a car's been for sale for a while tbh.

I just sold one of my cars on trademe, never putting a cellphone on there again. Had soo many dropkicks texting stupid offers. If someones keen they'll call. I was pretty happy the first person to come round offered me what I wanted. Could maybe have got more but for the sake of a few hundred dollars just not worth the hassle.

Yeah thats true. I got my 328 for probably about half of what its worth.

Or you got it for what it is worth ;)

Best luck I have had was a bidding war on a car I was selling, I had three people after the car and I played them off beautifully, ended up getting $1,500 more than asking price!

Create some hype!

One thing I will say that annoys me is when peope say, "Whats your best cash price"?" or offer "15K Cash"

What else are you going to pay with?Peanuts, Dirt?

I find actually rocking up with folding cash does do wonders, have saved thousands flashing a gezzer roll in front of a dealer. Cash has charm.

One thing I will say that annoys me is when peope say, "Whats your best cash price"?" or offer "15K Cash"

Bank deposits? cheques? Cash is just an easy, on the spot thing which doesn't involve the bank approving anything or any time involved.

I dont mind that people low- bal all of the time.... doesnt mean i have to accept!

Good call- i usually reply with "how else can you pay.. shells?" No form of payment for a private sale of a car is taxed, so no reason for cash tax- dodge.....

Why when you sell your car does everyone think they can get the hell bargin, or that they dont know the first thing about what they are buying. You advertise it for a certain price but they still try and offer you half..\

i think its just trade me to be honest.

Sorry guys there is my gripe on a friday...

GO the ALL WHITES

arent we a classic example of that in reverse....every BMW on TM is too expensive and the owner is a dreamer.