Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

Soccer world cup here we come!

Farrrrq YEAHHH!! What a game I am drunk.. that is all.

Whoop!

Brilliant game, sure was a tense 2nd half. Wished I was actually at Westpac Stadium.

AMAZING GAME TO WATCH!!

Just back from the game :)

I have no voice left at all. Not quite the heights of being at Old Trafford watching Arsenal win the league but an incredible atmosphere for the entire 90 mins. NZ football is going to rock for the next 12 months and rugby wont know whats hit it !!!!!

haha i use to play in Chris woods team all my life . . . so weird seeing him play at this level!

also played with like half the NZ u17 who were at fifa . . . if only i took soccer to the next level haha

na there all amzing

well done all whites

Yay, we get to go to a World Cup we have no hope of winning? Sorry, but it all seems pointless to me... when NZ actually has a football team with a hope of winning the Cup then i'll care lol

I arrived for work in Sol square, with the big screen, just as 90 mins ticked over. A few tense minutes later, as the final whistle went off, a vicious roar from the crowd of about 500 people echoed through the alleyways.

WHAT A GAME! I was so glad that I scored tickets to watch this moment in history...

Shame on anyone that did not watch it... this is the WORLD CUP we talking about here people >.<

post-1976-1258255166.jpg

Edited by crazyarab

Yer but its not the actual world cup . . . it was just a qualifier in which we have no hope of getting any further

haha but in saying that it was a wicked atmosphere and a wicked game! good for NZ football

Yer but its not the actual world cup . . . it was just a qualifier in which we have no hope of getting any further

haha but in saying that it was a wicked atmosphere and a wicked game! good for NZ football

I am just glad that we are going to be able to watch some soccer down here for a change... Rugby and cricket have driven me mad! Can't stand watching cricket and rugby took me ages to get into but once I did I kept getting bloody depressed seeing the All Blacks get done every single time it mattered. At least with soccer we know where we stand :P!

Yay, we get to go to a World Cup we have no hope of winning? Sorry, but it all seems pointless to me... when NZ actually has a football team with a hope of winning the Cup then i'll care lol

Like the All Blacks are actually going to win a World Cup........... yeah right :P The only reason the AB's have qualified for the next one is because we are the hosts!

Seriously though was a great game to watch on TV and good on the AW's! If anyone saw Sportscenter the next day they were all over it and even had a nice little graphic of the populations of teh teams that had qualified. NZ at 4 million was the smallest by far. USA - 370 million and Nigeria at 170 odd. Makes our achievement in qualifying that much more special.

Edited by zenetti

I found amusing when there is a foul etc how much soccer players roll around on the ground holding whatever part of there body got 'hurt'

Major Hollywoods in front of the ref trying to get a free kick or penalty

Edited by braeden.

I found amusing when there is a foul etc how much soccer players roll around on the ground holding whatever part of there body got 'hurt'

Major Hollywoods in front of the ref trying to get a free kick or penalty

LOOL there was one incident at the start of the game when one of the Bahrain players was hollywooding a foul then once he got it he gets up with leg flip (you know like the kung fu movies).

Unfortunately it's a part of the game, if they can fake a foul that will get them a chance to score they will do it. It's up to the ref to control the situation. Most cases a yellow card is shown for "holywooding".

mmm speaking of hollywoods. When i use to play feds with the likes of chris wood etc they actually dedicated an entire training on how to hollywood successfully! no lies . . . so pathetic haha

Most cases a yellow card is'nt shown for "holywooding".

That is because most of the time a foul actually should be awarded...

Yellow cards are only shown when the refs sees that there was absolutely no obstruction made, rolling around and acting like a tard does not qualify as an offense yet :P

Having said that, with all it's flaws... soccer IS the most popular sport on the planet and it's a great thing that New Zealand is slowly embracing it. The All Whites result will no doubt go a long way in speeding up this process.