Sign in to follow this  
SiK-E34

WTB Engine Good Cond

Hi guys im looking for a new engine for my E34, its a 1988 520i and it has a shagged head gaskit, it has had the die test thingo for exhaust gasses and it proved positive, seeing as its only a crappy 2.0ltr ill just put in something a little bigger, and something that will also bolt upto my 5speed getrag, as far as i know its the old shitty looking SOHC m20 engine, let me know if any1 knows of any motors or what ever, or any good ideas or possibly just replacing my head gaskit, the motor still runs but it over heats.

cheers

Rob

nah bro just looking for something stock eh, something complete to get me out of sh*t for now

nah bro just looking for something stock eh, something complete to get me out of sh*t for now

The 2.7 pretty much fits in and looks stock, I used the standard 325i ECU with it, just with bigger injectors.. But the power difference compared to a m20b20 is like comparing night and day...

So it is pretty much stock in a certain sence, you are using all stock parts.

The 2.7 pretty much fits in and looks stock, I used the standard 325i ECU with it, just with bigger injectors.. But the power difference compared to a m20b20 is like comparing night and day...

So it is pretty much stock in a certain sence, you are using all stock parts.

cost and will my getrag bolt upto it?

is that a complete running motor ready to bolt in? i want something to replace my motor, a bolt in replacement, i dont want to have to build a whole motor, so if your motor is complete and running and ready to bolt straight in ill concider it.

does any1 know if my gearbox will bolt upto a 93 320 engine non vanos?

also may swap good motor for near new asus laptop about a month old. cost me $1600 can get list of specs if any1 may be keen.

Edited by SiK BeeMa Bro

I want an M20B25 or M20B20 in running cond. Need to bolt motor in and drive away. Sick of not having this car on the road.

Should have $1000 to spend

Have alot of m20b20 motors, 400$ each or one m20b25 engine for 850$

Can set them up to fit strait into your e34. (wiring changes needed)

Will do the m20b20 for 950$ fitted. (in auckland)

Pm me, call/text 0210390073 or email info@synthe.co.nz Cheers Mike

Hire a trailer and get it up to Mike, you won't get a better deal and it's drop in drive out.

what he said above , just do it .

2.5l or 2l and then sell it and buy a 525i or 535i etc

Sounds like the goods mate but i have no way to get it to auckland thats the only prob. and only being on my learners till feb i cant do much bout it. i have already relyed on a mate to pick up the car from auckland and now he wont want to tow it back up there.

ring automovements , hamilton to ak about $180 .\

then drive back when its finished

ring automovements , hamilton to ak about $180 .\

then drive back when its finished

So i have to get the car to hamilton. then to auckland.. I'm about 50mins south of hamilton. bit out of my league.

Sounds like the goods mate but i have no way to get it to auckland thats the only prob. and only being on my learners till feb i cant do much bout it. i have already relyed on a mate to pick up the car from auckland and now he wont want to tow it back up there.

Just so i can get my head around this:

Car = in auckland at the moment

Your friend is going to drive it to where ever you are

and then your going to send the car back to auckland?

why not call Mike, talk to him about getting the car delivered to him and see how much extra he would charge for the engine swap (I.e he removed the current blown engine and puts the new one in) then talk to Mike about getting the engine thrown onto a pallet (if you want it back) and talk to Dutchy about getting the engine shipped back down to you and then have your friend pick the car up later after all the work is done...

Edited by DRTDVL

Just so i can get my head around this:

Car = in auckland at the moment

Your friend is going to drive it to where ever you are

and then your going to send the car back to auckland?

why not call Mike, talk to him about getting the car delivered to him and see how much extra he would charge for the engine swap (I.e he removed the current blown engine and puts the new one in) then talk to Mike about getting the engine thrown onto a pallet (if you want it back) and talk to Dutchy about getting the engine shipped back down to you and then have your friend pick the car up later after all the work is done...

You lost me mate.

dont worry about it. i cant get the car up to auckland. I only have a learners lic till feb so i cant drive it back.

I want an engine shipped to where i am so i can do it myself, it must be an E34 M20 though so it will bolt up and so i can keep my 5speed.

Thats what i want. thats what i need.

So if you have an M20 out of an E34 you would like to put on a pellet and send to me then let me know. If you can deliver the motor or even give me a hand then thats even better.

But the car is stayin in te kuiti its not going anywhere as i cant get it anywhere.

Pretty simple, pretty easy.

i hve stated what i need... Who has what i need? and who can provide a helping hand for a box of piss or something.

Not trying to sound like a dickhead but i cant get the car to auckland thats all.

Edited by RBE34

sorry man - i thought the car was already in auckland.

Nah i picked it up from there though lol. I think i should move to aucks, it appears thats where its at for everything haha

520$ m20b20 engine, posted to your door step anywhere in Nz. (or closest depo if rural)

Takes around 3 days max to arrive, Its actually quicker than nz post items 90% of the time! haha havent worked that one out yet.

Edited by 323e30

Nah i picked it up from there though lol. I think i should move to aucks, it appears thats where its at for everything haha

As an OT side note chuck your location in your profile - just makes life easier :)

Edited by braeden.

As an OT side note chuck your location in your profile - just makes life easier :)

will do mate cheers