Sign in to follow this  
Creaver

e30 urethane bush kits

Hey guys,

I have a mate who is doing up his e30, he wants to know where you all buy your bush kits and what sort of prices.

Thanks,

Ian.

Wow I've never even seen that site before! How did I miss that? Their prices are really good in my opinion. I can't however see a lot of the front bushings? Like sway bar links for example?

Wow I've never even seen that site before! How did I miss that? Their prices are really good in my opinion. I can't however see a lot of the front bushings? Like sway bar links for example?

For my E30

I am not pleased with my powerflex sway bar bushes. They are too tight, i've had to lube the sh*t out of them. Also note that they go in one way only.

The linkage bushes which i got locally - nolathane - are pretty good but I had to modify them as the metal sleeve did not protrude from the rubber bush enough and they bound up on the brackets when tightened.

Powerflex subframe and trailing arm bushes are good.

Offset urethane control arm bushes MUST be solid & oversize or they will split.

urethane thrust arm bushes in an E34 - not a good idea - they are not suited for this purpose

hope some of this helps, it pays to do your research - i learned the hard way

People need to read some build threads :D

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=22315 First pictures.

I can fully recommend the 75D hardness. The road noise barely increased coupled with the huge gain of having a set of rear wheels that don't actually passively turn. Difference was innncredible. Liberal lube and the locktite-ing of bolts on the trailing arm mounts required.

I used AKG motorsport. Subframe, rear trailing arm, offset control arm, etc. Awesome bushes.

I do have some noltec (I think thats the brand) adjustable trailing arm and offset control arm bushes I got with a trademe auction which I'll sell at a good price if anyone wants them, there new in the packet.

If you go for powerflex they make a 'black' option bush which is harder, depends on what the car is being used for I guess but none of the powerflex bushes are as hard as the 75D akg ones.