Sign in to follow this  
keen

e34 problem can someone help?

Ive got a Motorsport e34 535 1989 and when the key is turned on the "washer Fluid low" warning comes on.the bottle is full or when empty filled up and it makes no difference, the warning still comes on is this a problem with the bottle or a sensor in it failing? or is it something else?

Probably a sensor issue I would imagine. I have a similar issue with lights on mine E36. Especially on rainy days it comes up with taillight failure, or brake light failure, but my lights all work fine.

Guest Simon*

I can testify also to the likelihood of it being the fluid lever sensor. Check with Ray for a replacement and in the meantime you can unplug the lead and close the circuit with a bit of fuse wire (like I have done :ph34r: ) to make the annoying noise go away

Pull out the float sensor in the side of the washer bottle and test to see if it is faulty. I imagine they're not expensive to replace new from BMW or you could get one second hand.

washer level sensor . common problem they rust out etc .

also the coolant level sensors fail often

thank you all for that will check the sensor and replace with new.I prefer to replace the faulty part than bridge it.