Sign in to follow this  
SiK-E34

rb/jza engine mounts to suit E34?

Hi guys just looking at the options of an rb/jza conversion, is it hard to source these engine mounts? Aswell as gearbox mounts? Also who could make these?

cheers

Considering there were just under 0 E34's that came with a RB RB RB RB!/JZ, you'd have to get custom mounts and bushings made by someone who is very handy with a welder. If you are in Chch I know of a great place..

Considering there were just under 0 E34's that came with a RB RB RB RB!/JZ, you'd have to get custom mounts and bushings made by someone who is very handy with a welder. If you are in Chch I know of a great place..

i know this mate, but some people do make these mounts for sale for people who want to do this conversion. I would like to get a price for the custom mounts if you could possibly help me out.

im in the nth island mate

cheers

Yeah, For common conversions..

For an e34, probably only a few people have bothered to do it and there isn't much need to mass produce them as everyone isn't going to be doing it if you get what we mean.

Have to be custom made.. And I guess you may even need the motor and box you would be using before hand to deal with positioning etc before the mounts can be made (I don't actually know this but I geuss that is what would be required).

Yeah, For common conversions..

For an e34, probably only a few people have bothered to do it and there isn't much need to mass produce them as everyone isn't going to be doing it if you get what we mean.

Have to be custom made.. And I guess you may even need the motor and box you would be using before hand to deal with positioning etc before the mounts can be made (I don't actually know this but I guess that is what would be required).

very true mate, if anyone knows anyone who has done this conversion weather it be jza or rb let me know

I doubt anyone in NZ has put a RB or JZ in an E34. Good luck finding one though.

You'll need to get some custom made like e30ftw said.

Edited by E30ONP

You gotta do the research..

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/arch...hp/t-29622.html

Some good pictures in that thread of a 1jz e34. Looks like abit of work though, Mods to sump etc.

ill just fix this m20, it seems like there is way to much involved in doing the conversion, and being into a bmw the price goes up by 90% so its pointless when u can spend less on a soarer or something and make more power lol this whole bmw thing is so hard to get used to, im a holden supporter normally so im in a different league here.... i got quoted 1200 - 1400 from my local mechanic here just to do the head gasket replacement. Not worth it really the car isnt even worth that much haha.

Just biff away the M20 you have now, install new M20 of the same size, who cares if it's a gutless land tank, stick some nice rims on it, clean it up and Sell it and buy something bigger.

Just biff away the M20 you have now, install new M20 of the same size, who cares if it's a gutless land tank, stick some nice rims on it, clean it up and Sell it and buy something bigger.

only prob is i dont have any tools etc no engine crane too..... anyone keen to help me out at all, beer in stubbie form is supplied lol.

If its anything like making the mounts for my 2JZ E46 the mounters were easy as to make once the motor was sitting in the hole... the big issue I ran into was having to notch the sump so there was enough firewall - cross member clearance but I would say you have more room then I do

If your going to go down this path the main thing that stopped me using an RB/VQ was the sump design the 2JZ mid/rear sump is much better suited to the BMW