Sign in to follow this  
Wervie67

low kms at turners!

just saw this and had to share.

28,000kms! how the hell is that possible for a 20 year old car (even if its a 1.6).

carjam seems to think its legit aswell.

anyone for a rust free engine swap?

E: saw this as well 98,000kms 2.5 (manual conversion anyone???)

Edited by Wervie67

Wow it looks brand new. Amazing condition.

Nice, if it had an extra two pots in that engine bay I could have been keen. Hard to price something like that, whats it worth roughly?

Ha super poverty pack no radio

ha, and no rev gauge. but at least its got a clock... :huh:

that 325i is growing on me. manual conversion and i could have myself a low kms manual (SA built) 325i for pretty cheap...

Edited by Wervie67

ha, and no rev gauge. but at least its got a clock... :huh:

that 325i is growing on me. manual conversion and i could have myself a low kms NZ new manual (SA built) 325i for pretty cheap...

Thats not NZ new, its an import.

mi bad, from the look of the original plate (WW5444) it looked like it was nz new. looks like it was imported around 1998 though (carjam ). still, seems pretty cheap for a 325 with that amount of kms

Don't count on the k's being genuine... mine weren't... and neither were the k's on my father's. Both SA import 325's.

If you're keen, take it for a drive. I had a look at it today when I was at Turners looking for a car for the missus. It was pretty tidy. Only one dash crack and only minor wear and tear on the body. The low k's 316 was in pretty good nick too. Very straight; obviously owned by an elderly person.

mi bad, from the look of the original plate (WW5444) it looked like it was nz new. looks like it was imported around 1998 though (carjam ). still, seems pretty cheap for a 325 with that amount of kms

You should buy it then!

Kms mean jack on a car of that vintage, parts all perish over time and at 100,000km it will still need or have had most of the parts replaced that of a 200,000km car.. still looks like a average spec Japanese import to me.

Don't count on the k's being genuine... mine weren't... and neither were the k's on my father's. Both SA import 325's.

If you're keen, take it for a drive. I had a look at it today when I was at Turners looking for a car for the missus. It was pretty tidy. Only one dash crack and only minor wear and tear on the body. The low k's 316 was in pretty good nick too. Very straight; obviously owned by an elderly person.

yea, 316 was amazing, looked like it was being sold new, hardly a single scratch. Just needs a set of nice weaves, maybe a re-power, and a stereo haha

Looking at the 325i its more the fact its tidy, with nice paint and leather interior more than the amount of kms its done, but being able to know for sure thats its only done 98000 kms would be a bit of a bonus. Plus resale to someone who thinks that any car under 150000 kms is mechanically sound should be rather good aswell...

how did you find the odometer had been messed with?

mi bad, from the look of the original plate (WW5444)............

Bah, WW5444.....

WW3666 is where it's at.

and yeah, my car was imported around the same time as that, and the dash is cracked quite bad, drivers seat is pretty ripped.

Had really bad tappet tick, Poorly maintained I guess. (I pulled of a japanese filter, Which I assume had been fitted in Japan since it only had Jap instructions)

had only 130k now 140k (now it's no longer going hahahahha)

M20B25 here I come.

tl:dr

Don't buy a car on KM's alone.

how did you find the odometer had been messed with?

Check to see if the numbers on the ODO line up, or have tool marks on them.

Check the trims around the cluster ect see if it's ever been removed, however this is likely.

Edited by antil33t