Sign in to follow this  
SiK-E34

E34 Project.

Hey guys thought id open a thread about my car as im going to do her up, will put up pics later on today of all her features and crappy aspects.

Future mods:

Coil over suspension.

Kaaz LSD diff.

All new joints and bushes.

Black Leather/Vinyl interior.

Custom Boot install.

RIPS Custom Hybrid RB26/30 to be different.

Garret GT35/40 turbo with .86 rear housing.

R33 5 Speed gearbox.

19inch wheels.

Paint job, Some sort of black.

Offloading M20 and installing RB30.

cheers

Edited by RBE34

Few pics and you will see i have a problem with my head also, 1x head stud is broken..... Does this mean the head is rubbish as it will most likly be warped to buggery?

post-5019-1258862469.jpg

post-5019-1258862479.jpg

post-5019-1258862491.jpg

What are these lights telling me? they dont turn off??

post-5019-1258862502.jpg

post-5019-1258862511.jpg

post-5019-1258862522.jpg

post-5019-1258862534.jpg

post-5019-1258862546.jpg

post-5019-1258862556.jpg

post-5019-1258862568.jpg

post-5019-1258862584.jpg

post-5019-1258862593.jpg

post-5019-1258862612.jpg

Lights on the dash are for the Service Indicator, You can reset with a bit of wire apparently.

They are just linear, ie once they get reset, they start counting. Pretty sure they don't actually know if the car has been serviced or not.

Lights on the dash are for the Service Indicator, You can reset with a bit of wire apparently.

They are just linear, ie once they get reset, they start counting. Pretty sure they don't actually know if the car has been serviced or not.

oh ok sweet, will sort it out when motor is put back together again lol

cheers mate

This is my new tool kit on its way to me, Will help me out a little bit with everything i need to do on the car....

I had heaps of tools back in aussie but had to leave them all there as it would have cost hundreds to ship them here.

post-5019-1258869753.jpg

RB30? Awesome.

Subscribed.

Even though that's not possible on this forum..

Haha cheers mate, Yeah every man and his dog are going with 2j's etc.... I want to be different and go with a nissan RB motor. I am getting the motor,gearbox and tailshaft installed by a professional, and the exhaust and wiring and all the little bits and peices I will be doing myself as i know RB30 engines inside-out.

So just a RB30E?

Or we going to see a RB30DET come out of this?

Looking at your photos, Your head has the wrong headbolts.. They revised and called back to change to torx type headbolts for m20's as alot of people were having the same issue of the hex head bolts snapping off. That would have caused the blown headgasket I would pressume.. And yeah head would most likely be warped in the area, cracked too possibly.

Edited by e30ftw

So just a RB30E?

Or we going to see a RB30DET come out of this?

Looking at your photos, Your head has the wrong headbolts.. They revised and called back to change to torx type headbolts for m20's as alot of people were having the same issue of the hex head bolts snapping off. That would have caused the blown headgasket I would pressume.. And yeah head would most likely be warped in the area, cracked too possibly.

Roger that my friend! RB30DET!!!!! going for a twin cam head in the future, 20 or 40 thou over bore CP pistons, Spool Rods etc and wil retain the factory crank as they are solid anyway.

I still cant decide wether to use RB25 head or RB26 head, RB25 head is a sh*tload cheaper then the RB26 head so will see how we go.

Should have the RB30 motor and 5speed box home this weekend, then ill be saving for the installation.

For all you people wondering who i am lol im sik beema bro, just had a name change to suit lol

Edited by RBE34

RB30DET in a E34 is different. Just a Cefiro in german clothing aye. Should be mean though.

post-2795-1259308237.jpg

Edited by E30ONP

quote name='RBE34' date='Nov 27 2009, 05:26 PM' post='303472']

I still cant decide wether to use RB25 head or RB26 head, RB25 head is a sh*tload cheaper then the RB26 head so will see how we go.

If you check out www.ripsltd.com , they do plenty of RB30 builds and claim 600+HP on a stock RB30 bottom end using an RB25 head. IMO, Unless your after alot more than 600+hp, I be saving my coin and goin with the RB25 Head. Ive heard the RB25DE heads flow alot better than The RB25DET's too.

quote name='RBE34' date='Nov 27 2009, 05:26 PM' post='303472']

If you check out www.ripsltd.com , they do plenty of RB30 builds and claim 600+HP on a stock RB30 bottom end using an RB25 head. IMO, Unless your after alot more than 600+hp, I be saving my coin and goin with the RB25 Head. Ive heard the RB25DE heads flow alot better than The RB25DET's too.

Yea mate, RB30 will be home sunday for $450, thats the motor in running cond with 5speed and clutch, ecu, loom.

Next week the same guy is selling me the RB25de head ecu and look for $450 also.

And yes i will be getting RIPS to build my engine, I go to rotorua next year for 3 weeks for my apprenticeship block courses so i will drop my car there and pick it up when its done :)

Guys its possible that things might change, ive been offered an E30 coupe 5speed etc for the same as what ive payed for the E34, will see what happens though i have to go look at this car, the best thing is its local and its in running cond!!! will keep you all updated.

This looks good man, ignore the haters in the other thread, I like people that go against the grain. I don't know if I have ever seen a RB30 in a E30 before? Could be very cool, especially if you go get RIPS to build your motor B) just worry the most about the rust in the E30 if you think it could be good, have a good look in the usual places, footwells, boot, behind tail lights/tailgate etc and underneath. Only saying this as I found a hole about the size of a 50c piece in the floor of my car last week :( from rust.

Best of luck with it all.

This looks good man, ignore the haters in the other thread, I like people that go against the grain. I don't know if I have ever seen a RB30 in a E30 before? Could be very cool, especially if you go get RIPS to build your motor B) just worry the most about the rust in the E30 if you think it could be good, have a good look in the usual places, footwells, boot, behind tail lights/tailgate etc and underneath. Only saying this as I found a hole about the size of a 50c piece in the floor of my car last week :( from rust.

Best of luck with it all.

will do mate, this guy says he has another spare E30 body that i get with the car i buy etc.

but i will see what happens.

Might have to open up an E30 project thread and close this 1 lol.

i say keep the e34.... tooo many e30's... be different...

Beleive me mate i want to keep her, but the way its looking its not worth it. unless i have a very deep pocket i wont get it done, it will only be a project that sits in the shed and never gets finished.

Like it would be good for a slow project but i need something i can drive sooner rather then later. And in the end i can always buy another E34.

Haha cheers mate, Yeah every man and his dog are going with 2j's etc...

Im sick of all the 2JZ-GTE E34’s everywhere, so common. Good to see someone doing something left field and crazy.

you got a daily?

Nah i was hoping to have this done by the time i get my lic but the way its looking im kidding myself :(

Im sick of all the 2JZ-GTE E34’s everywhere, so common. Good to see someone doing something left field and crazy.

LOL.

I still say stick with the E34, even if it is another shell. There seem to be lots of them on trademe that have popped headgaskets or overheated for cheap.