Sign in to follow this  
tehBMWn00p

Air Filter

...hey can some1 plz tell me what air filter i wanna buy for my 85 320i and where i shuld go about getting it... what hav u guys done in that department?

Guest WAGON

get a k&n panel not a pod

fit it to factory airbox and custom cold air vent and your away]

..ok, y do u recommend panel aposed to pod? i mean i can get it fitted and all that, heat shield etc.. is it jst plain better?

is it jst plain better?

just easier, alot of people do the pod thing but then go ahead and lose HP due to heat soak from the hot ambient air in the engine bay.

go the panel if you N00b,

go the pod on a cai if you badass.

The power increase from a pod vs panel is really nothing much, and if the pod is not done properly to really sheild heat, blah, blah, blah, you will actually get less power than the panel. pods look cool, but that is about it, the BMW air intake system is really pretty good from what the experts say provided you get a good panel filter like a K&N one.

You can get them from repco (although I ordered one before xmas and its still not here - bastards, just coz I live in the wops i reckon.)

Leave it at stock unless you got other mods, you don't get much gains on an E30 playing with the filter alone apart from a sound difference, it's really not worth the effort.

Guest Andrew

Leave it at stock unless you got other mods, you don't get much gains on an E30 playing with the filter alone apart from a sound difference, it's really not worth the effort.

I disagree - the K&N flat panel is noticably better. I would go for it.

I disagree - the K&N flat panel is noticably better. I would go for it.

..sweet, sounds good, so how much am i looking at for one and is Repco the place i should be going to? (im in auck)

Repco prob not the cheapest - they are somewhere around the $125 or so mark there.

Try supercheap autos, or ask your mechanic how much he/she can get them for. If you use your mechanic regularly and so have a good relationship, then they'll probably give you a good deal (at least mine usually does, but I thought repco would be faster - I was wrong) :blush:

and is Repco the place i should be going to? (

If you are serious about getting a K&N (panel) A/F P.M me , I will let know how much it`ll cost you.Need to know exact model of your E30.Plastic hsg. or metal ? Oh, which Repco branch is closest to you?

Yeah baby!!!!!!!

:D

If you know what Speights is.... Northerners <_<

Edited by BMW POWER

Hehe u know the ad on TV with the Speights guys and at the end the younger one says "Good on ya mate" well i put a pic to say good on ya mate to bravomikewhiskey becuase he said he/she instead of thinking all mechanics were guys.

;)

well i put a pic to say good on ya mate to bravomikewhiskey becuase he said he/she instead of thinking all mechanics were guys.

;)

wow, really?

:rolleyes:

Guest WAGON

:ph34r: who told you

i remember the times you stayed at my house

couldnt drive at tim :lol:

dont worry if i see you at the mega meet you will be the same

and andrew box the touring?

anyone else keen? :thumb: